Tip for those who add mushrooms to the chilli/spag bol

Lord LuLu

I recently started adding mushrooms (from the veg allowance) to the spag bol and chilli, it really bulks it out and gives more texture to the meal. The only snag is that as there's only me at home the mushrooms were going off before I got a chance to use them. I did a test and sliced some up then popped them in the freezer raw. Tonight I added them still frozen to the chilli and microwaved as normal - I'm pleased to say there was no difference so thought I'd share my tip for other mushroom users!

I also buy frozen cauliflower florets to add to the mac cheese for the same reason as I can't get through a whole one before it goes off.

Ah I too have been having this problem as I'm the only one in this house to like mushrooms,so been throwing them out alot! Thanx for the tip will defo try it! X

Thank you have had mush and cauli go off b4 I can finish then, hadn't thought to freeze

thanks for the tip! have stocked up on freezer bags now :) I also found adding a tbsp of beansprouts to the spag/chilli packs bulks it up a bit too ;)

Back