Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Ive reached Fridays target weight which allowed for birthdsy cake and wine over the weekwnd, need to keep it up now
Lots of frost out today so have the car runningbto defrost it. It will be hard to stay motivated to go to the pool today.

Having lunch now at work, a mystery meal from the freezer that turned put to be mashed cauliflower, green beans and meatballs. Just back from a swim and did 16 lengths

Last edited:
End of the day and I've done ok even though I am now in bed munching Toblerone, thankfully it's nearly gone.

Wednesdays food
supplements
Herbal tea 5 cups
Water 3 L including 500ml with chia seeds
Wine 0
Snacks 2 triangles Toblerone, handful dry roasted peanuts

1130 1 cracotte with teaspoon coleslaw
1345 meatballs with green beans and mashed cauliflower
1830 breaded baked cod, rocket with pistachio oil, coleslaw

Swimming 16 lengths

Last edited:
Me again, I've had another very small drop this morning and looking forward to updating my stats tomorrow. I was expecting some sort of a whooshie this week but getting very small but gradual drops, thankful for anything to be honest.
I'm working from home today so won't be going swimming at lunchtime and not rushing to go now either. Think I will leave it till tomorrow lunchtime, I hate having to drive to town on days I don't have to drive to work. I want to sort out the freezer today if I get a chance, I thought I still had some home prepared meals there but can't find any. Also want to make a nice thick soup, I bought fresh broccoli but think I might check the freezer to see what leftover frozen veggies we have. Might try a short walk at tea break time this morning but need to check the weather, it feels quite cold now and it's very quiet outside, usually an ominous sign

Working from home and i want food, it seems easier to fast at work than here. Having 500ml of water with chia seeds before i decide if i am actually hungry

Funny how the place we are in makes such a difference. I had to get Mr Ag to take trhe sweet things and crisps away to his room so they weren't in the cupboard! I haven't tried chia seed water. I might do an electrolyte solution with fresh lemon to divert myself.

Yep, it becomes habit to eat. I'm normally at home at the weekend and plan a big brunch around 1130 ish but at work it could be 2 pm before I eat. I made a strange combination soup but it was tasty and filling. A base of teeny bit of onion, garlic, carrot and then lots of frozen spinach. Cooked it in seasoned water and pinch curry powder and added a tin of coconut milk. Whizzed all that up then added skinny noodles and green beans. I mean, that HAS to be good for me. The coconut milk added just the right amount of creaminess to it. Had that with lettuce boats with crispy bacon and cheddar cheese. Must be the strangest fusion meal ever.
Wondering what news the scales will have for me tomorrow as it has been teeny drops. But have realized my digestive system has been playing catch up with me has hasn't got into it's rhythm yet. The drop in food and the addition of chia seeds have "slowed things down". It takes me about a week for my body to get settled. In bed now and back to the office tomorrow, it's going to be a long day as I didn't get as much done today as I planned due to the technical issues, that is very heavy rain blocked the internet signal.

Last edited:
Thursdays food
Supplements, yep
Herbal tea 4 mugs
Water 2.5L including 500ml with chia seeds
Wine, nope
Swimming nope

1245 spinach and noodle soup as above and lettuce with crispy bacon and cheddar
1 triangle Toblerone
1800 chicken goujons, rocket with pistachio oil, coleslaw
1 triangle Toblerone

The Toblerone is all gone now, my tablet keyboard knows me so well. As soon as I type triangle it offers me Toblerone 🤣

Morning all and here to report a 1kg drop. To be honest I am slightly disappointed with that. I mean I know a kilo is great but for the first week I was expecting it to be more as I know going forward it will be less and less. I have hugely cut down on the food I am eating and haven't consumed any wine calories ( I was tempted last night but stayed strong). I have been working my way through the Toblerone which is now gone and I have been eating salty foods, also now gone. So maybe with those off the list I might get going properly.
Chat later.

Well - sorry you are disappointed. I think a Kg is good! Whooshies are so unpredictable. Onwards and downwards, Tipp. 2022 is yr year to goal, surgery to sort out yr pain and staying there at goal getting fitter.

I agree, it is good but i feel like more has gone and honestly felt 1.5Kg would have been a better start and then drop down to a steady 400g to 500g a week

Yuip. Frustrating when our expectations aren't met. I'm off to claen the Airbnb - a bit late as I've beem here and watching an Amazon movie!

I fully understand not loosing what you think you deserve to loose especially when you’ve put in a really good week. I try to make sure it doesn’t throw me off plan completely and just move forward to the next week. Often I look back to when I was the specific weight previously and think well at least I’ve cancelled out the last x amount of weeks eating…

Yep, thanks all.
Well last night was planned off plan if that makes sense but I didn't plan for myself and husband to eat a bag of chocolate cinder toffee between us😱
It was a very tough day in the office so myself and a colleague made a decision to go out for lunch so we could go back refreshed for round 2 after lunch. I had fish and chips and it was great. I did feel very full after but had already decided i wouldnt be having dinner. When we got back we had 2 chocolate biscuits each while making lots of phone calls. Got home and opened some wine and had bread and cheese for dinner. Had 1 nice slice of brown sour dough with butter and soft cheese and then had a decent slice of Wensleydale with mango and ginger (it's amazing, like eating chocolate). Then we had the chocolate cinder toffee, bad choice I know.
Awake now and we have extremely heavy rain out, we haven't had any snow thankfully but will have local floods with that rain.
Plan today is to take all the Xmas decorations down, a mammoth task.
Food wise I reckon a fried breakfast at about 11 and some sort of chicken and veg about 5pm this evening. Lots of water and herbal tea.
If I can start Monday at Fridays weight I will be happy and then if I can lose another kilo next week that takes me back on track to where I want to be.
Enjoy the weekend all.

Fridays food

Supplements yep
Herbal tea 5 mugs
Water 1.5l including 500ml with teaspoon chia seeds
Swim nope
Wine yes

1330 fish and chips and salad
2 chocolate biscuits
1800 slice sourdough bread, butter and cheese
Too much chocolate cinder toffee

Belated happy birthday and New Year, Tipp - sounds like your plan is off to a great start! Yesterday sounds delish too :).

Also glad to hear that surgery is a possibility, to sort out your hip - is it scheduled?

Morning all and here to report a 1kg drop. To be honest I am slightly disappointed with that. I mean I know a kilo is great but for the first week I was expecting it to be more as I know going forward it will be less and less. I have hugely cut down on the food I am eating and haven't consumed any wine calories ( I was tempted last night but stayed strong). I have been working my way through the Toblerone which is now gone and I have been eating salty foods, also now gone. So maybe with those off the list I might get going properly.
Chat later.

Don't be so hard on yourself. A kg is good. :)
I have found relaxing more around food is helping me and keeping to meal time eating only.

hey Tipp, well done for getting back to swimming, and getting mostly back on track. 1 kg is pretty good I think keep on keeping on!

Morning all. Been MIA for a week now and gone totally off track. Just haven't had a good week, no one reason really I think it's just mid winter misery to be honest. Haven't been careful with food at all , overeating all the wrong things. We are celebrating two birthdays in the house this weekend and having a birthday brunch tomorrow. So will get over that and back on track from Monday. I have Monday off work so can sort out shopping and food planning.

Morning, tried to get myself sorted yesterday and some sense of back on track. I've cooked some meals and soup. Pumpkin and coconut soup with chopped peppers and spinach leaf thrown in. Made meatballs in a tomato sauce and I have it with mashed pumpkin or mashed cauliflower. Haven't got back to the pool (TOTM) but hopefully tomorrow. I've had a few disappointments this week including a planned break away been cancelled by the airline and a job opportunity I may have messed up, I'm still working on these and hope to have some sort of success with them today.
I haven't weighed in this week at all, I was going to yesterday but feel very bloated. I started to take chia seed in my water again yesterday and that always causes bloating for a few days so may wait until Friday. I know I'm up but not pushing myself just yet.
Will be back to chat later.

Back