Tips and Advice please

Violetwind

Determined
I've struggled with my weight for nearly 10 years now. I've been on/off diets for years with no real results.

So on Wednesday I plan to rejoin my local group and give it another shot.

Im looking for any and all tips and advice on succeeding this time please. Im also looking for inspiration for my grocery shop to ensure its sw but also family friendly.

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome Violetwind! Well done for chosing SW, like you I yo-yoed for a long time, sometimes very unhealthily, and Slimming World is the first thing I've tried that I don't feel deprived on but it still WORKS.

I've not been on very long (2 months) and I'm sure other long-term members will have some amazing tips for you. My advice would be keep a food diary, and maybe a measurements diary too. Its really important for me to be able to look back at past weeks and see what worked/what didn't, and with the measurements sometimes I feel like I need a little bit more than a number on the scales to remind me how well I'm doing!

Extra Easy is a brilliant way to go if you do a fair bit of cooking for family or friends, my boyfriend is a massive fan of all the SW pasta recipes and says he doesn't notice any difference, which is great. My staple meals are meatballs and pasta, chilli con carnes and enormous curries, then people can help themselves and theres always some left over. I bought the Extra Easy cookbook which is packed full of ideas and really helps when I'm cooking for others.

Good luck!

Back