Tips for increasing water intake

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
I'm finding I'm struggling with water, particularly at weekends and know I need to up it - anyone got any top tips for getting into the habit of upping the daily intake. I've tried having a litre bottle at work and emptying it before lunch then another one before I go home, but I just don't seem to be able to do the afternoon one. Help! :)

Hey noodles, I'm the same at weekends (not bad at work as have to talk a lot and get really thirsty!). One thing I try is everytime I make a shake I fill the glass with water first and drink that before mixing the shake... also I put extra water in the shakes so they fill a pint glass. Plus it doesn't really matter if its water or some other liquid, so I have a mix of tea, coffee, green tea, peppermint tea, bouillon, sparkling water, flavoured water (from exante and slim and save mixes), and the odd coke zero! Looking back at my list I can't believe I still sometimes struggle to get enough fluids in!

yeah, I also drink half a pint before each meal/ shake and make my shakes with a pint of water/ 500ml. I find drinking ribena plus in the evenings really helps. I also use a pint glass - 3.5pints = 2 litres, but I find a pint easier to drink as it is smaller than a litre bottle.

I have 2 x 1 litre bottles, and i tend to have 2 drinks at once, so a coffee/coke zero and a water, and then i don't get another coffee or any other drink until ive drunk my water :) thats what works for me :)

yeah, I also drink half a pint before each meal/ shake and make my shakes with a pint of water/ 500ml. I find drinking ribena plus in the evenings really helps. I also use a pint glass - 3.5pints = 2 litres, but I find a pint easier to drink as it is smaller than a litre bottle.

Hey hun, I don't know if you know, ribena plus has sugar and citric acid in it.

Thanks, I'll give the bigger glass a go. I have one at work that is about 1/3 litre, I find it easier to drink from that so it shouldn't be too much of a shift to do a pint one instead. I do make the shakes up with quite a lot, but I've not had them recently (I did last night though, delic with ice :)).

I used to make sure i had mostly liquidy meals which really helps the water intake. Learning to start your day with some water is helpful too. At this time of the year i tend to drink lots of tea (I have a massive tea cup which must hold about half a litre). I have my water flavoured and sometimes sparkly. I just use a sugar free squash. i know this isn't strictly S&S - but i am on a modified version anyway.

So far so good this morning, I've done the bribe thing - can't do a loo visit until I've finished a glass! It's working :). Just trawled our little Tesco near work and managed to find their own zero cola and ribena plus raspberry and apple with no citric acid - should help with the fluid levels :)

Hi

OK know this may sound a bit yuk - but i actually like drinking warm water - as in boiled and cooled a bit - better than glass of cold water this weather :D

Hey hun, I don't know if you know, ribena plus has sugar and citric acid in it.

The blackcurrent one I have doesn't it has malic acid in it and the amount of carbs is equal to the water flavouring SnS sell. I know that one does (think it's the apricot one?). I also can't drink it at the strength they recommend!

OOoo thanks for the tip! Yeah it's the apricot and mixed fruit one that I saw that had citric acid in both! This is great news I always crave ribena when Im run down. *Off to shops* :D

I have a 1lt buxton bottle that i keep refilling. 3 refills a day and i know im done. So much easier to keep track of that way.

I've got that same bottle! It's haunting me on my desk but since I've got the Ribena it's working a treat - 3 glassses full = 1 litre done. I've started counting my coffees too, cause I do drink a lot of them - and I'm cracking through 2 litres a day there (note to self - might need to rein that in a bit!). I've got the raspberry and apple Ribena Plus, no citric acid :)

I i have the mixed fruit flavouring and mix it with fizzy water, its like yum. I've also fell in love with just fizzy water, not sure why cuz i through it was grim before! Can drink pints of it!

I love plain fizzy water too feels like I am having a real treat

I've still got some LL water flavouring in sunshine orange - in soda water it's just like fanta!

Back