Tips for making porridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Tessieg1, 3 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save, then 5:2 Diet
    Hi everyone, I've previously tried the porridges and really not got on with them, but I have taken one maple and pecan porridge this week to try. Has anyone got any tips on making the porridges so they don't turn into wallpaper paste? I would really appreciate it. Thanks. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I find extra water helps. I use my blender too, makes the texture more like ready brek than porridge but I really like that. I usually add the recommended amount of water, blend it, put it in the microwave and then add cold water and mix it.

4. MissFlabBast

MissFlabBast Member

I usually add about 400ml of water, 1 sweetner and mix it in a saucepan on low heat if the texture is still thick I use the blender its yummy!

5. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Lol I like mine when it comes out of micro with a "skin" on it lol also like It quite thick and I put two sweetners in :)

6. determinator

determinator Banned

for the maple and pecan ( mmmm) I add 2 tablet sweeteners to a jug and 220 ml of just boiled water . I pour the water in a bowl with the porridge and mash with a fork , then microwave for 1 min 20 secs .... it is lush :)

7. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save, then 5:2 Diet
    Thanks everyone! I'll give it a go. :) Wish me luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.