Tips on swapping from Cambridge diet to WW?

delta15

Hi, has anyone on here done the Cambridge diet & then swapped to weight watchers? If so, can you give me any tips to prevent weight gain when I start WW? Going from 450kcal a day to 'big eating' on WW, I'm worried about having a massive initial gain! All help appreciated!! Thanks xx

I recommend limiting the carbs to start with, build them in gradually. Perhaps do the simply filling option so you aren't jumping straight back in to the processed foods. Don't get disillusioned if you don't have a big loss at first or even possibly gain, once you settle in to WW it will work.

Good luck

I've done the swap 5 weeks Ago and didn't put on an ounce!! Just swapped straight over and was fine! X

Total loss so far- 51lbs!! 9lbs to go

Rebecca that's so encouraging! I've been worrying about it, but you've out my mind at rest! How much have you lost on WW in that time? Your loss is phenomenal!! Well done x

delta15 said:
Rebecca that's so encouraging! I've been worrying about it, but you've out my mind at rest! How much have you lost on WW in that time? Your loss is phenomenal!! Well done x

I've lost almost 10lbs since! Obviously not gonna be as quick as the cd!
Thanx hun, I feel and look completly different x

delta15 said:
Well done!! And did you limit carbs at the start or start them gradually? Sorry a million questions!! x

Nah just went staight into eating food lol thought I would put tonnes on but nothing!! :) you'll be fine, do whatever u feel will be best for you hun

I'm on my third week of CD and finding myself very very tired, with really bad dizzy spells. I've lost 14lb out of my 35lb target and I'm feeling that WW would now be a better option for me as I'm soon to start a full time teaching job and couldn't bare to be feeling this awful all day at school!!
It's great to hear that you've been able to sucessfully swap over Rebecca gives me a bit more confidence that I wont put all the weight that i've lost back on :) x

Hi Jessica, I'm a teacher too, and know that I couldn't work while on CD. I'm finishing up on Sat (been doing step 3 this week) and intend to start WW next week before going back to work. Are you doing SS? When I finish up, I'll have done 4 weeks - but I def think ou need to gradually bring carbs back in, maybe through step 3. I'm meant to be having 2 products a day, as well as 3 meals, but I don't always have both products-though I do like my bar in the eve!

Back