Tired of being the F word, and striving to be skinny.

laurenmay

Gold Member
For the past 5/6 months, since I joined minimins back in May, I've been constantly bouncing back & forth each and every diet and driving myself crazy with all that's out there & obsessing over my ever increasing weight gain...

When I joined back in May, I was 12.5 stone I think, and now only 5 months later I'm 15.7 stone.. through swapping and changing diet plans and giving up whenever it got too hard I've managed to gain over 3 stone, so now have a total of 6 stone to lose to get me down to my goal weight of 9.7 stone where I was this time last year.

It's scary to think that a year ago I was 6 stone lighter, and a hell of a lot happier. I've tried each and every diet including slim and save, Cambridge, WW, slimming world, JUDDD, and probably a few others I can't quite remember? and none of them worked for me as an individual.

So I'm back to CC, and hopefully here to stay too. I've tried a jillian michaels style lifestyle change where all chemical & processed foods are cut out completely and it's all clean wholesome living, and to be honest it's just not for me.. as much as I try I just cannot form a love relationship with veggies! So I'm gonna eat the things I like but make the healthiest options possible & follow the jillian michaels body revolution workout programme for 3 months to see how I get on with that.

Wish me luck, I really need the support of you all! & if there are the few that make nasty unwelcome comments and don't have anything productive or helpful to say, then please don't waste your time because I'm not interested in negativity.

Nice to be back :)

Ooooh I forgot to add.. my starting weight is about 15.7 stone I think, but I'll weigh tomorrow morning and take measurements to be sure..

I'm also gonna be following a 1200 calorie plan for the time being, but if it seems too little then I'll increase slightly to about 1400, but I'll see how I get on.

Should probably take starting photos too? Even though I don't want any lasting evidence of how big I've gotten, I'd like something to compare with when I eventually get down to goal!

Good luck and I think you should get a couple of starting photos taken if only so when you've lost a bit of weight you can use them to see the change. I find it hard to see a difference in the mirror even tho my clothes are looser but I didn't like getting photos taken so have nothing to compare it to!

laurenmay said:
For the past 5/6 months, since I joined minimins back in May, I've been constantly bouncing back & forth each and every diet and driving myself crazy with all that's out there & obsessing over my ever increasing weight gain...

When I joined back in May, I was 12.5 stone I think, and now only 5 months later I'm 15.7 stone.. through swapping and changing diet plans and giving up whenever it got too hard I've managed to gain over 3 stone, so now have a total of 6 stone to lose to get me down to my goal weight of 9.7 stone where I was this time last year.

It's scary to think that a year ago I was 6 stone lighter, and a hell of a lot happier. I've tried each and every diet including slim and save, Cambridge, WW, slimming world, JUDDD, and probably a few others I can't quite remember? and none of them worked for me as an individual.

So I'm back to CC, and hopefully here to stay too. I've tried a jillian michaels style lifestyle change where all chemical & processed foods are cut out completely and it's all clean wholesome living, and to be honest it's just not for me.. as much as I try I just cannot form a love relationship with veggies! So I'm gonna eat the things I like but make the healthiest options possible & follow the jillian michaels body revolution workout programme for 3 months to see how I get on with that.

Wish me luck, I really need the support of you all! & if there are the few that make nasty unwelcome comments and don't have anything productive or helpful to say, then please don't waste your time because I'm not interested in negativity.

Nice to be back :)

Hi Lauren, welcome back to calorie counting! I've been following your ups and downs for the last six months, and hope you can now finally crack it. :)

I think if I could give you one piece of advice it would be that you don't have to change everything at once in terms of how you eat. Go easy on yourself, cut down the calories, yes, but don't stress over eating "clean". I've lost seven stone now, and still only eat ready meals - I buy the Tesco Light Choices ones and have them with microwave veg pouches. The calories are easy to control and you can fit them into a busy lifestyle (I'm a Mum who works full time too). I've very gradually started eating better, and now eat lots of fruit, veg, nuts etc., but to start with I only worried about the calories, so ate low fat crisps and other non-nutritional stuff. I also don't exercise, because I can't, but any successful weight loss plan should focus on diet, using exercise as an additional tool.

I do wish you all the very best. xx

PS. Yes, 1200 is too low to start on when you've got a lot to lose. I'd recommend not starting below 1500, because you'll have nowhere to go when you plateau if you're on 1200. I started on 1800, and now it's 1400 which is plenty low enough for me! :) xx

TracyGWill said:
Hi Lauren, welcome back to calorie counting! I've been following your ups and downs for the last six months, and hope you can now finally crack it. :)

I think if I could give you one piece of advice it would be that you don't have to change everything at once in terms of how you eat. Go easy on yourself, cut down the calories, yes, but don't stress over eating "clean". I've lost seven stone now, and still only eat ready meals - I buy the Tesco Light Choices ones and have them with microwave veg pouches. The calories are easy to control and you can fit them into a busy lifestyle (I'm a Mum who works full time too). I've very gradually started eating better, and now eat lots of fruit, veg, nuts etc., but to start with I only worried about the calories, so ate low fat crisps and other non-nutritional stuff. I also don't exercise, because I can't, but any successful weight loss plan should focus on diet, using exercise as an additional tool.

I do wish you all the very best. xx

Hi Tracy,

Thanks, I hope I can crack it this time too. It feels so strange being this big because I've always been thin, it's like I'm trapped in a different body!

I've got a lot of microwave steamed veg bags in the freezer which I like, so I'll stick to those with grilled chicken for most of my dinners, and I've bought some wholemeal brown seeded part baked baguettes so I can bake one, chop it in half & fill it with wafer thin ham & low low cheese slices to take to work with me. Hopefully over time I'll gradually want more nutritional foods such as fruits, nuts, veggies etc..

Well I'm an avid follower of jillian michaels, and she says that 1200 is plenty of calories for an obese person who wishes to lose weight & has a lot of weight there to lose.. so I'm gonna follow her plan and she says if you ever do plateau, which is unlikely unless you're very near to goal, say 10-20lbs, then to increase the calories by 10% for a week to kickstart things again.

I wish you all the best too :) xx

Hi, Lauren. Thanks for the reply! All I'd say about the calories is see how you get on. You're more likely to feel deprived on 1200, which does make it harder to stick to, but see how it feels for you - you've basically got to be able to keep at it as a lifestyle rather than just short term, so do what's comfortable. Have you come across a book called Eating Less by Gillian Riley? She's really helped turn my head around after 30 years of yo-yo dieting, and she's really talks sense. xx

TracyGWill said:
Hi, Lauren. Thanks for the reply! All I'd say about the calories is see how you get on. You're more likely to feel deprived on 1200, which does make it harder to stick to, but see how it feels for you - you've basically got to be able to keep at it as a lifestyle rather than just short term, so do what's comfortable. Have you come across a book called Eating Less by Gillian Riley? She's really helped turn my head around after 30 years of yo-yo dieting, and she's really talks sense. xx

That's what I want is a lifestyle change, and jillian says how you eat 1200 to lose weight, but then when you're at goal and maintaining you can eat however much your body burns.. so with my height, age and the weight I'll be at desired goal weight I'll have a BMR of 1400 average, and cause I'd consider myself lightly active most days I'd end up burning about 1680 calories without exercise.. so the days I didn't work out I'd be able to eat 1680 cals and maintain my weight, and if I worked out and burned say 400 cals then I'd be able to eat those exercise calories too :) so I don't mind sticking to 1200 for now, because I know it's not forever and it's just the sacrifice I have to make in order to get to my goal weight at a reasonably quick pace.

I'll have to look into that book! I've always been a yoyo dieter.. at the moment I'm obsessed with jillian michaels lol. I have all her workout DVDs including the new body revolution programme, all her books & all 90 odd podcasts of her show on my phone that I listen to religiously in work all day! Haha :) xx

Lol, Jillian probably doesn't seem as loopy to you at your age as she does to me at 50, so if it makes sense to you, go for it. I can recommend the Gillian Riley book, though - I got the Kindle version. xx

Good luck xx

I love Jillian Michaels too and workout to the 30 day shred quite a lot....it has toned me up loads x

good luck, be sure to take your measurements in the morning. some weeks you might not lose weight but you might have lost inches.

Hey, Im also trying lose 6 stone! It has gradually crept on over the past few years of college/uni. I really want to be down to 10 stone for when I graduate.
Im trying to stick to 1200 calories a day and have my weigh in on a Sunday, I lost 3 pounds over the last two weeks but I havent really stuck to it will.
I also joined the gym so will be going to my first session on my own tomorrow.
Have you tried the myfitnesspal website/app. I have it on my phone and it is so handy for recording what you eat throughout the day.
I have set myself a mini goal of 1 stone by the time I go home for Christmas in a month and a stone and a half for New Year. This sounds like a lot but i will be happy with whatever i lose.

I think by setting lots of mini goals along the way it will help to keep me motivated. I am going to take photos tonight.... scary!

Im currently 16.3 by the way!

Hi. I'm similar to you Sophie. 16st 4lbs. I'm hoping to get to 12 stone. X

Start 18st. Goal 12st. Currently 16st. 4 1/2lbs.

Well done on your weight loss so far ninabeans! Im sure you will get to your goal soon xx

Thank you. Hopefully!! I can't wait until I reach my target! X

Start 18st. Goal 12st. Currently 16st. 4 1/2lbs.

Can I join in to. Im just over 14 stone looking to get to about 9. As of yet I am undecided what exercise DVD to follow - I have so many. I have nearly all of JM including Body Revolution, quite a few of Davina and many other soap star efforts. I thought about trying to follow a different one each month so I dont get too bored.

I'm going to be starting on Monday, as I have a weekend away in Cardiff planned.

Back