TJ's journey to a healthy BMI

WobbleBottom

Day 1 - 12st 6.2lbs

Hi, I've been fighting the 'battle of the bulge' for many years now and my weight has been up & down like a yoyo. At age 46 I'm totally fed-up of the impact my weight is having on my life and health.

After a week of reading all the forums on Minimins I've decided to follow calorie counting. This way I can have lower carb days or fast days incorporated into my plan as I require. I like the freedom calorie counting seems to offer.

At 5ft 1.5" & a small frame I need to be around 9st 7lbs to be within the healthy guidelines. So that's 3 stone to lose!

I'm going on holiday on Aug 10th and would love to get a big chunk of weight off by then. My family and friends are fed-up of listening to my latest diet-fad so I'm starting this diary as a place to vent my successes/slip-ups and hopefully get some much needed support.

Wishing everyone a good dieting day.

TJ x

Hi, welcome to calorie counting! this forum is great for support and just having someone to talk 'diet' with, i think my boyfriend and mum get a bit sick of me going on about my diet all the time! lol so i can have a ramble on here on my diary and we all have dieting in common so feel free to have a good natter about it all :D

Good luck and I hope you do well on your weight loss journey x

Good luck Wobblebottom. :) I only started yesterday and have three and a half stone to lose (hopefully by September) so it would be good to keep in touch. Hopefully we can inspire each other to keep on the straight and narrow.

I will be having many low carb days as it is the only way I can control my appetite and it does tend to give me a lot more energy.

I look forward to reading your diary,

Good Luck

Beth x x

Hello!:wavey:

Good luck with your weight loss journey! I am an inch or so taller than you (I always round up to 5'3 though haha) so my 'healthy' weight range is 10st and below! When I started out I wondered how on earth I would ever manage it but I am just over a stone and a half away from the top end of a healthy BMI range! You can do it - I have tried lots of different diet fads and calorie counting is definitely the easiest and gets just as good results as any!

Look forward to reading your diary :)

Hi, thank you for the warm welcomes.

Calories for today will be 1450. Slightly more than I would have liked but a lot lower than I've been having recently.

No more food for me today - serves me right for getting carried away with a packet of Time Out fingers that were really for the kids!

Healthier food choices planned for tomorrow.

TJ x

Day 3

Cals for the day 1148. Couldn't face a 500 cal fast as TMI is due and I've been starving. I really want to try and keep my carbs to < 50 from Monday. Just need to do some meal planning over the weekend.

TJ x

Day 4

Weighed in at 12st 2.4 (-3.8lbs)

I started CCing on Tuesday but going to have Friday as weigh-in day. That way if I overindulge at the weekend I've got four days to pull it back.

Not sure what I'll be eating today but will try to keep it around 1500. DH has just finished a block of shifts so we may go out for lunch. Will take the dog out this morning to see if I can accumulate a decent number of steps on the pedometer. It's frightening how little I clock-up when I don't walk the dog.

Wishing everyone a successful dieting day.

TJ x

Well done... 3.8lbs in four days os excellent. Enjoy your dog walk. X

Back