To all the ladies that are 5'4 5'5 5'6 and can help me!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by sa89, 25 August 2009 Social URL.

1. sa89

sa89 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was just wondering whether anyone has ever been a size 8 or is a size 8 and one of the above heights. How much did you or do you ladies weigh when a size 8. I'm considering making this my target as I've never been skinny in my life!!! I know not everyone is the same, and we all have different body shapes, but I guess I would like a rough target...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Im 5' 4" and my lowest weight (as an adult) was 9 stone and 6 lbs and at this weight I was a size 12 sometimes a 10 - but never an 8. (id love to be a 12 now!!)

4. Mirror

Mirror Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(14.53%)
    Diet:
    Cutting out all junk food
    Well I'm 5'8 and I'm currently 10 stone 12lbs and wear a size 12 jean but a size 8 - 10 top.
    I think it depends on body shape as well, as I'm a pear and can probably only get down to a size 10 with the amount of weight I want to lose.
    For the heights you mentioned, I would probably say 8 - 9 stone would be a good target for a size 8 to 10.

5. sa89

sa89 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks guys. That's is really helpful! I know what to roughly aim for now :)

6. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    Lol you're in the same boat as me, I have no idea really what I want as my goal weight, will know when I get there. I went for 10 stone as mid BMI, but I may get there and want to lose a bit more I don't know. I've never been smaller than a size 14 through my adult life, so will be really excited to get into a 12! I'm currently in a 14 again at the mo, I'm 5'6, so 12 here I come :) Might even get into a 10 by the time I get to my goal, who knows! Don't think I'll ever be a size 8 tho lol, just can't imagine that!!

7. Bonita

Bonita Member

I'm five foot six and for years I was a size 10 bottoms size 12 top at nine and a half stone. If I went any lower than that I always looked too skinny and not well.

When I hit my early thirties I had Ovarian Cancer and my weight dropped that low I was in childrens clothes and went down to a size 4 with the weight being around six stone. One hysterectomy and a few years later I ballooned to a size 26.. Eeeeekk...lol

To be honest I think size 8 is too small for someone thats over five foot five. A size 10 is a perfectly healthy size to aim for at that height.

8. tiarasandtantrums

tiarasandtantrums Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    You name it - I've tried it - now awaiting surgery
    The last time I was a size 8 (which was about 15 years ago!), I weighed 8 stones 12 pounds and I'm 5'4" - can't think I'll ever be that again though!

9. pandapeepers

pandapeepers Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    I'm about 5'4" (if I'm standing very straight;)) and I was a size 10 when I went into adult clothes, going by what remember it must be about 8-8.5 stone I'm guessing.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.