to all those on maintenance or higher CD steps, please help!...

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i've been on SS for 21 weeks now, but i've had a couple of breaks for 2 holidays in between. i got down to 9st 6lbs before i went on my first holiday, put on 7lbs but managed to get that weight off straight after by SSing. for my 2nd holiday, i put on the same amount and again went back to SS and got the weight off quickly. my 2nd holiday ended on 4th July and my weigh in was the 11th where i weighed in at 9st 7lbs so near enough my pre-hols weight.

Since then i've only managed to lose 2lbs (1lb a week) and im starting to wonder why the losses are slowing. my bmi is 24 and a few people have mentioned on here that u should start going up the stages when ur bmi is under 25 but i really wanted to get into the 8s before i upped my steps because i've been in the low 9s before and never managed to push over that line. Part of me thinks i should just bite the bullet and move to 1000 or stick with SS to see if i can get to the 8s that way. i'm getting disheartened with staying in this weight zone but im nervous about bringing food back in in case i gain! has anyone got any suggestions please??! thanks :) xx

I am staying on SS At least until I get to 11 stones which will bring my bmi to 24. I think the theory is that if you haven't much excess fat then your body will start eating us lean tissue. I guess weight loss is bound to slow down as you will need far less calories if you are only 9.6. Why don't you try going up to step 3 and doing more exercise. May be that you need a boost to your metabolism. Worth a try anyway..

thanks daisy, i think i need to move up now, im currently following SS to the T this week, just 3 shakes, plenty of water and nothing else just to see if that works to boost me this week. if that doesnt work then i know its defo time to go up the steps as im literally cutting everything else i have out, i.e. eggs and chicken as SS+ and 810, so going back to basics with SS. my weigh in is weds so that'll be the deciding factor depending on how well i've done. i'm craving carbs at the mo though so i think step 3 is calling soon!! x

Back