To all you 'big' losers...any advice for me??

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Well, WI this morning and 'only' another 2lbs loss.:(
I know, I know, it's a loss not a gain, and I should be happy with it, but as some of you know, I had real trouble stopping picking after a refeed week, but the last 12 days I have been doing LT 100%, so I was really hoping for at least a 3lb loss?:sigh:

I ensure I drink at least 6 pints of 'pure' water a day, sometimes more- plus another 5-6 pints in black decaff tea. I split my shakes to spread them out a bit to keep the 'picking' cravings away. My ketostix are registering that I'm in ketosis (they were negative while I was picking). I do a little gentle exercise (walking 2-3 miles a day).

What else can I do??? :cry::confused:

I contacted the LT peeps and they said that splitting your shakes can actually slow down weightloss.

I was just like you when it came to losing 2lbs all the time. I even lost 1lb quite a few times and this was happening for a long time. I'm now sure as to why this happens, I guess it's just the way our bodies adjust.

Keep going, well done for sticking to it 100% this week :). And just wait. You might drop quite a lot of pounds the following week. Are you measuring yourself as well? because you may be losing in fat rather than losing in weight, which is just as great :D.

I kept losing 2lbs for weeks! but then out of nowhere, I lost 4lbs. Keep at it hunny, you're doing fine :)

I contacted the LT peeps and they said that splitting your shakes can actually slow down weightloss.
REALLY!!!! How can this be??:confused::( Knowing that I can have something 4-5 times a day rather than just 3 was keeping me on track?!? My pharmacist (who unlike some, does seem quite knowledgable about LT) recommended I try splitting them?
Well, I actually only split one shake, and have a soup (unsplit) and a flapjack (also split) every day.
Hmm....:sigh:

I don't know to be honest. That's what the people actually told me. So to ensure that I don't confuse myself with the whole weightloss thing, I just followed LT exactly as it said. But if you feel splitting shakes makes it easier and doesn't stop your weightloss completely, keep going. Try another week of splitting your shake and see if there's a difference in your weightloss.

The important thing is, don't give up. You're doing so well and you're half way there!, don't let this dishearten you :hug99:

Thanks Yasmine, your support is appreciated. I think I'll stick at it like this for one more week and see what next weeks WI tells? It's just so frustrating when I'm averaging 2lbs every week and everyone else complains that a 2lb loss is a 'bad' week for them.
I'm not asking to lose 7lbs a week- I'd be happy to average 'just' 3lbs! LOL!

Umm, that's interesting. I know that multiple meals doesn't give faster weightloss as some people think, but am surprised that they say it can have the opposite effect. Goes against all I have ever read.

Did they give their reason for this?

Is that enough water? I thought the minimum was 4 litres per day not including tea and coffee?

Try and drink more water and see how you go with that.

I'm averaging 12 pints which is roughly 6L. The minimum is 4 pints of water.

Maybe you're drinking too much and your retaining water as your body can't flush it all out. Try halving your tea intake this week, but stick with the pure water.

We're all different and lose at different rates. It's all going in the right direction, so I wouldn't worry too much. Go pick up a bag of sugar in the supermarket and see how heavy that feels, that's your 2lb loss this week :)

Maybe you're drinking too much and your retaining water as your body can't flush it all out. Try halving your tea intake this week, but stick with the pure water.
Do you think?? :confused: I know I drink a lot of tea, but I switched to decaff to counteract any impact the caffeine might have on my losses. I live in cold rainy Ireland and the tea is keeping me from freezing to death!!
Plus, it keeps something in my hands so I don't get tempted! :eek:

hey irish - well done 2lbs loss is great - not what you hoped for but nothing to shrug at! :)

2lbs like lou said is a bag of sugar, or 16 sausages!!!!!!!!!! great going! :D

Maybe you are drinking too much and your body is keeping hold of it? hmmm im quite baffled really although maybe your body just needs a little longer to adjust after you picking?

but whatever you do dont go back to picking and stay strong! you are going in the right direction and doing really well .... bring on next week :D xxx

my mum did lighter life a couple of years ago and swore by "Crystal Tea" aka hot water. instead of tea/coffee she would drink that for a warm up. i dont like it i'm afraid but give it a go?

When i did LT last time, i worked on a fortnightly cycle, like 2lb 1st week 6lb second week, 2lb third week, 5lb fourth week etc.

perhaps you've got into one of those?
Sxx

I wish Sarahlou- but it's 2lb almost every week!! LOL! I'd be thrilled if I had a cycle like that!
I'm not sure about the water retention Summer, I might email LT just to see what they say about a 'maximum' fluid intake- if there is such a thing. Also to see what they say about splitting the shakes?...
Will keep you posted...

hi irishmum, am i reading right that you are having a flapjack every day?
if you are then maybe this is slowing you up. i only had 2 flapjacks a week max, for when i was out and about shopping.my weekly losses were mostly 5lb slowing down to 2-3lb at the end. just a thought but maybe it will speed things up. good luck for next week

Hmm..yes, most days, though sometimes just a half, and an extra 1/2 shake to make up my intake? I find it helps me to 'eat' something each day...I actually look forward to it! LOL! I also find they help me 'go', but still need senokot once or twice a week?...

the flapjacks shouldnt make a difference, some people on here even have 2/3 a day - they wouldnt be in the LT range if they were going to hinder weight loss.

be good to know about the water thing from LT irishmum so keep me informed although i cant see there being a maximum as all water is good and aslong as its spread out throughout the day i cant see a problem but hey ho our bodies our weird right?!! lol

LOL! Well mine sure seems to be!

I've made an app. to get my thyroid re-checked to see if the levels have gone skewy again (looking for all kinds of 'reasons' here!). It's not til next Thursday though, so I'll plod on doing what I was doing unless I get different advice from LT themselves. Will keep you posted! Thanks everyone!

Well, WI this morning and 'only' another 2lbs loss.:(
I know, I know, it's a loss not a gain, and I should be happy with it, but as some of you know, I had real trouble stopping picking after a refeed week, but the last 12 days I have been doing LT 100%, so I was really hoping for at least a 3lb loss?:sigh:

I ensure I drink at least 6 pints of 'pure' water a day, sometimes more- plus another 5-6 pints in black decaff tea. I split my shakes to spread them out a bit to keep the 'picking' cravings away. My ketostix are registering that I'm in ketosis (they were negative while I was picking). I do a little gentle exercise (walking 2-3 miles a day).

What else can I do??? :cry::confused:
Hi IrishMum - Don't be too down coz you are losing each week and maybe just have shakes and soup (no flapjacks) and wait for next week and see how you go on then
I know it must get you down but keep going and we will all support you chick x :):)

There was one week I only had soups/shakes because my pharmacy's delivery didn't come in on time. Still 2lbs....

LT got back to my re. my water/splitting shakes query and want to know what pharmacy I attend so they can get my chart!? I'm afraid to tell them in case I get them into trouble? Or they decide I can no longer do LT as I'm screwing up their 'stone a month' claim!! What do I do???
I'm feeling pretty down today. My hubby is getting a bit fed up of me not being able to eat or drink. We haven't been out in 2 1/2mths and he's a bit annoyed that our social life has been put on hold while I do this. That plus the fact I'm having cr*p losses each week (being honest here!) is making me wonder if I should just cut my losses (no pun intended!) and go back to eating healthy? I'm lighter than I was when I got married, but still 1 1/2stone from goal! At this rate of going it'll take nearly another 3mths to get there- and cost me £480 to do it (£44 p/w)....I can't justify that cost...:cry::wave_cry:

I really can't imagine that you'll be told you can't do LT - one person is not going to screw up their "1stone a month, on average"!! And remember, it's on average, not a definite 1stone a month, every month.

DO you think you would be losing 8lb+ a month with healthy eating? If you do, then I would say yes maybe it is worth switching back to that (especially if finances are an issue). Remember, 2lb a week weight loss is NOT insignificant, it's very good weight loss!

It's a real shame that hubby isn't more supportive and that must make it very difficult for you. But I'd say there's no reason why your social life has to go on hold for so long. Ok, it's not the same but you can still go out for dinners and drinks with family and friends - just can't eat. The more you do it, the less of an issue it becomes for you and for other people.

I am a firm believer that LT shouldn't bring MORE stress into your life, it should help relieve some of the stress we feel as overweight people.

I'm sure we all here will support whatever decisions you make, as you're a lovely supportive person on the forum, but please make sure the decisions are made for YOU and not for anyone else or to make anyone else's life easier. Good luck.

Back