To come back or not?

Minniemouse23

Silver Member
Hi, I'm wondering if you can help I first done weight watchers about 5 years ago before pro points and it worked brilliantly I lost 3 stone! However when I went back on to pro points I failed horrifically I then found slimming world and I must admit I love it - however I'm now working late and don't stay at home many nights as I stay with my partner and it's really hard to be on slimming world due to my evening meals! So I'm wondering the new ww is it similar to sw? As I would like to have the convenience of ready meals of an evening x

I would like to know if the filling and healthy plan is similar to slimming world were by I can eat meat, carbs and veg mostly unlimited but also allowed the daily points to use on a ww ready meal of an evening?

Hi, the filling and healthy is a little similar but has different free foods. You can only have wholewheat pasta and rice, potatoes are free. Lean cuts of meat some bread and skimmed milk. It's a bit weird getting head around it I've only been on it a couple of days. You then only get 49 points for the whole week but everything that's not on the list needs pointing. Hope this helps

Filling and Healthy is more restricted than SW, because as pointed out only whole wheat versions of things are accepted and there are no officially designated HEXs, meaning those can sometimes suck up points.

I know its not always easy but can you many mix and match, follow a SW/F&H program 2/3rds of the day (with portion control) and Point your evening meal as best you can

I know exactly what you're going through. I might be following SW except that I don't always have control over my evening meals either and it can throw the whole day off. I find WW helpful in that sense and in another its definitely freeing to sit down with a meal knowing its 14 PP but that's ok because you are still within your PP targets for today, whereas when I was doing SW I did panic about portion control and the difference between food that was "Syn free" and "free food".

Thank you both for your replies. I had a look online and it is very very hard to get a sw convenience meal everything has to be done from scratch!
I'm going to have a little read up on the ww filling and healthy plan and also of there are any low syn ready meals!
So I can have unlimited amounts of skimmed milk shredded wheat lean mean and brown rice and pasta? And 49 pro points for the week? Is all fruit and veg allowed?

Hi, I believe that is correct:) you can have oats and porridge too. They have bread on the list. It doesn't seem possible to be able to have those foods unlimited. Even though they say unlimited suppose you still have to control what your eating. I'm doing f&h online and thinking maybe I should have gone to group in case I'm mis understanding the plan:( x

I follow pp but do a few simply filling days each week.

It's similar but you have to cook everything. On slimming world certain ready meals were free but on WW you gave to make everything yourself for it to be free

I follow pp but do a few simply filling days each week. It's similar but you have to cook everything. On slimming world certain ready meals were free but on WW you gave to make everything yourself for it to be free

So is it not possible to have a weight watchers ready meal in the evening on filling days? And take the points out of my weekly 49 points?

Hi, I believe that is correct:) you can have oats and porridge too. They have bread on the list. It doesn't seem possible to be able to have those foods unlimited. Even though they say unlimited suppose you still have to control what your eating. I'm doing f&h online and thinking maybe I should have gone to group in case I'm mis understanding the plan:( x

I thought this was the case for slimming world but you just eat until you are full

Hello WW F&H is virtually the same to SW EE. There are differences such

What would be classed as Healthy Extra's on SW are not limited to 1 or 2 on F&H The bread is still the same as you could have 68g of Wholemeal bread where as WW is it the calorie controlled bread.

The other differences I have found is that F&H says

you must have wholemeal pasta and rice (unlike SW where it could be white)
Ryvita's are not 'free' on WW,
there's no mince beef on the list (although I will be having it :) )
You CAN have crumpets
You CAN have smoothies (homemade)
You CAN have tinned Fruit
Semi Skimmed Milk isn't on the F&H

You have 49 weeklies which is virtuall the same calorie content as Syns (49 weeklies x 40 cals 1960 and 105syns weekly x 20 cals 2100)

You can use your weeklies for your ready made meal if you so wish

The theory of F&H is the same as SW; WW doesn't insist on the 1/3rd superfree rule however I do feel that it is worth trying to apply it

Hope this is some help x

As you probably guessed I'm an ex SW'er however I am also a WW veteran (followed the plan in 2008, 2009 and 2011)

I have left SW as I need to be able to count the odd day when its not convienent to follow SW meals.

My intention is to follow F&H with a the ratio of 80/20 - Sunday to Thursday I'll be doing F&H and then Friday and Saturday will be pointed

Hi ya, minced beef is on the list extra lean one. There is no limit on the bread products. Although I think I am going to be apprensive to eat:-( x

I think I've been swayed back.... I'm off to the shops later!!
Thanks for all your help.
I have seen the list of the food on the ww website so I think I'm able to follow the plan!

Here's to loosing 2 stone!

Minniemouse if you like ready meals sw are doing their own from feb available in iceland x

I find ww allows me much more freedom than Sw. The fact u can swap from f and h to points in the week is good making it so adaptable. For example today I was out so thought I'd do f and h, I had 2 x warburton brown thins with tuna mayo, pickled egg veg and a mullet light the jacket spud with cheese and beans when I checked points I still have 5 left if I
Pointed the day and all 49 weeklies!

I find ww allows me much more freedom than Sw. The fact u can swap from f and h to points in the week is good making it so adaptable. For example today I was out so thought I'd do f and h, I had 2 x warburton brown thins with tuna mayo, pickled egg veg and a mullet light the jacket spud with cheese and beans when I checked points I still have 5 left if I
Pointed the day and all 49 weeklies!

That's exactly why I left SW. I've had days when pointing would have been much easier and I can still stay on plan and still have my weeklies

I did seriously consider going (back) to SW albeit my initial visit was only brief but I looked at the outlines of the new plan there and figured I could do the same on low-ish carb F&H choices whilst still counting for maximum flexibility, which I really still need at this point. Plus I think my portions would quickly get much bigger on SW, which is not what I need at the moment as I loose the final few and begin to maintain in earnest.

I did seriously consider going (back) to SW albeit my initial visit was only brief but I looked at the outlines of the new plan there and figured I could do the same on low-ish carb F&H choices whilst still counting for maximum flexibility, which I really still need at this point. Plus I think my portions would quickly get much bigger on SW, which is not what I need at the moment as I loose the final few and begin to maintain in earnest.

I did the same there's a really good thread regarding the new plan/s and I was tempted however as you say there's no reason why we can't follow suit on F&H.

Back