To get me motivated

Tinkerbell1987

i love minimins me :)
To be honest atm I am around an 18/20, a 20 when i started but those clothes are becoming loose on me.

In the spring i had a lush blue dress from new look which was a size 16 that i adored but i spilt wine on it n it was ruined, but i have just found a brand new one on ebay in a 14 so i have bought it

I cant wait to wear it :) so i will loose the weight to wear it!!! If i could wear it at crimbo I would be over the moon! (i think it was quite big for its size) but if not I wil wear it asap and will have a night especially to be wearing a size 14 dress

My over all aim is an average size 12, especially a 12 in river island cos i always find them small, but love their clothes!! so if i can fit into a 14 am nearly there

sorry i just needed to share

xxx

Share away... its cool to have a size goal.. i so want to wear a size 12 dress to my 40th which is 4 weeks away ...eeeek.. I can get into some 12's like skirts and a couple of jeans but for a dress there is too much back and breast..The dress in my sig is the trying on dress.. not sure if it will be the final one as have a shopping trip planned to London in 3 weeks. Isnt it great when clothes become lose.. I bought size 14's from charity shops and jumble sales.. and my lovely sister gave me some I got rid of my size 16's as soon as that happened.. I had no choice but to keep losing weight then as I had no other clothes to wear. Wasnt easy as I had Wallis suit, Mexx jeans and lovely comfy jeans :cry: but now I have size 14's woop woop... it has taken me since end of April to lose nearly 2 stone (2lbs off that) target was 3 stone by my birthday party.. going to stay on track and see what happens.. and even if I dont hit that target I am carrying a lot less weight than I was. :D

Stick with it it is worth it... oh and I still have some 16's available in the clothes exchange ... I try not to think about them.. my hoi poloi jeans :cry:

I haven't been in a size 12 since I was 21 (I'm 45 now). I was size 20 when I started sw and am now in a size 14, it's great going down sizes isn't it. And there's so much more to choose from when you can get into 'normal' size clothes!

hey

thanx for ya replies girls :D 14 jus seems so much more 'normal' as in when u go into a normal size shop it still not often that they have a size 16 in, i just cant wait to be a 12, they always have everythin in a 12 hahahah

xxx

Having a size goal is better than I weight one I think - it stops you getting too caught up in numbers (lbs) Id LOVE to be a 12/14 and Im currently a 16/18 (more of an 18) , although Id be more than pleased to be a 'nice 14' xxx

Size 14 would be a dream come true to me! But my short term goal is to be able to get back into the clothes I could wear before last Christmas! I've put on a lot of weight this year... but lost 1/2 a stone in my first two weeks at SW. So I'm pleased to be finally going in the right direction :D

What I have done to motivate myself though is the last day or so I have been going through mountains of old clothes... including jeans in a whole array of sizes (evidence of my ongoing weight journeys!). I know that a lot of that stuff is just cheap "big" stuff I bought just to cover myself up, but don't really look that great. I've put them all in two bags, one for the bin (unfit for anyone to wear) and the other for the charity shop. From now on, as I lose weight, I will buy clothes that flatter me and look nice. I will NOT go back to the old stuff. New me, new clothes... new mind-set. :)

Minders you should put some of the stuff that you were going to send to the charity shop on here in the clothes exchange thread - cos hopefully people wont need it for long and once they're finished with it they can send it to the charity shop! x

i'd LOVE to be a size 16 - that's my aim. i'd look awful any lower than that. got to drop 4 dress sizes to get there! *gulp*

If I could be a nice 16 then I think Id be happy with that, my friend was a nice 16 (shes lost a bit of weight now) but I cant see me being a nice 16 - I have fat in the wrong places (dont we all but ykwim) I think I'll have to be less weight and a lower size to be 'nice' xxx

Minders you should put some of the stuff that you were going to send to the charity shop on here in the clothes exchange thread - cos hopefully people wont need it for long and once they're finished with it they can send it to the charity shop! x
I have tried looking at the links of the clothes that people don't need anymore but don't have the right access to view them:confused:. But with regard to the stuff I'm bringing to the charity shop, some of it is worth the postage to send it elsewhere, some of it isn't. But I can look through it and see if there's anything I wouldn't be too ashamed to send to someone else to wear! There are a few nice things in there, in fact, some are brand new and never worn! I'll get back to you on this.

I love the dresses in New Look! This summer I bought two from there in size 16... and I was a size 10 before I went to Holland last year. (Blame the cheese and bread and chocolate!!!)

I think my goal is to be a comfy size 12 - i'm currently back into my size 14 clothes so I might even end up wearing size 10s again :) To be honest though, I am just so happy to be feeling healthy and active again that the weightloss is like a lovely side-effect, lol.

I think it's easier to stay focused when weightloss isn't the MAIN THING. It's when you get obsessed with numbers that it gets all overwhelming and unproductive.

I have tried looking at the links of the clothes that people don't need anymore but don't have the right access to view them:confused:. But with regard to the stuff I'm bringing to the charity shop, some of it is worth the postage to send it elsewhere, some of it isn't. But I can look through it and see if there's anything I wouldn't be too ashamed to send to someone else to wear! There are a few nice things in there, in fact, some are brand new and never worn! I'll get back to you on this.

you need 50 posts to see the albums, so get posting and you'll soon rack up 50! x

I would love to be a 12-14. I am really large chested, but I am thinking it may be more than just breast! So if I can be a 12-14 bottom, I am not too worried about the top! I also want to be able to shop in Primark and also to be able to go to Bicester Village and buy some designer gear, rather than just being able to buy the accessories and designer clothes for my hubby and kids.

I lost nearly 4 stone about 10 years ago and I did lose quite a bit from my bust. Gladly though... because it's not so much fun to carry around as it is for some to look at!! I've gained even more back now, so am looking forward to ALL of my bits getting smaller again now that I've decided to tackle my weight again... once and for all!!

how did you lose your weight previously minders? x

you will be in them in no time hunny. i bought a smaller size trousers the other day that i would like to be in by xmas. size 24 so no where near my target size yet but considering i was a 30 in july and could only shop online or in evans to think i will be in a 24 and shopping at asda etc is a dream lol

how did you lose your weight previously minders? x
I've always carried weight... just one of those people. Slightly slow thyroid, but not medically an issue so nothing is done about it. The first big diet plan I did was Slimming Magazine, about 12 years ago. I combined that with aerobics. I did lose 4 stone and looked and felt fabulous. But I didn't do much else apart from count calories and exercise. Eventually life overtook me and it all fell to pot.

Though I did stabilise at a weight that was techincally overweight, but not too bad for me. I probably carried about 3 stone too much but I carry it well. Then I joined Slimming World and lost weight... and I can't remember why I stopped. But I did.

Then a few years ago I did the Atkins Diet. I lost weight, but didn't feel well on it. And gained it back over time.

Now I am at an all-time high, and quite upset with myself for getting this way. The GP's do a referral scheme to Slimming World so I decided to take advantage of it. Should have done it a long time ago really, but heck... I'm doing it now, that's the main thing. And determined to get at least 5 stone off me to get back to my normal self. If I lose more, even better, but 5 stone will bring me back to my comfort zone. I've lost 1/2 a stone in my first two weeks back at Slimming World, so I'm on the right track and feeling very positive.:cool:

Being a guy it's a little different for me, but the overall feeling is the same; I can't wait to be able to walk into a regular shop and buy a shirt off the rack, and not have to ask where the XXL versions are, or spot something I like then try and find it online in a 19" collar just so it will fit over my belly.

You'll get there, just have faith in yourself!

Gonna second what Pete said on this!

To walk into Burtons, River Island or Topman, and see a pair of jeans that are really nice, walk to the rack, find the size that works for me and then go, not walk around for 30mins trying to find ANYTHING in my size, then walking home in a sulk and ordering take out because i am to upset to even cook something lol. No thank and you!

Just think, we are the lucky ones right now, we have decided to do something about it, where as there are still people out there either unaware or to affraid to try.

Back