To lower goal weight or not???

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Ok so with just under 2 stone left to go to my goal of 11 stone which will still make me overweight (I know compared to the morbidly obese I was this time last year I know is so so much better but) so I have just looked & at 10st 1lb (so 13lb lower than my initial goal) my bmi is 25 which is at the very top of healthy. So am now wondering whether to change it now or whether to wait & see how I feel at 11 stone... What do you think ladies???

Hi Lexie

I would wait and see how you feel when you get to 11 stone to be honest. I am not sure where I want to get to. My goal was 11 st 13, but that would leave me with a Bmi of 26.95. If I got down to 11 stone my bmi would be under 25, but I think the excess skin would look worse and my neck would look scrawny.

Mind you isn't it a nice decision to have to make - never ever thought it would be one I would have to think of!

I was talking to my GP about this the other week. My BMI would be 25 at 12 stone, which is what I was aiming for, but she said it wasn't absolutely necessary to get down to that level and I may find I'm happier being a bit higher. I'd see how you feel at 11 stone and take a view then, no point beating yourself up by setting a lower target that may not be right for you, but if you get to that point and feel it would be beneficial to continue, do so. xxx

I think it's a difficult one until we get close. Personally I know if I get to the supposed ideal BMI I look scrawny. But I'm happy to keep eAting this way as it suits me and I figure my body will slow down and stop st a weight I can maintain because of the way I eat. Going off what I've previously been and the age difference now I'm no longer a spring chicken lol :) I'm presuming that may be around 12 stone . One thing I'm glad about though is that my surgery have never once suggested I get to my ideal weight of 10:7. They are happy for it to be negotiable and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks all, I think I have decided best to leave it until I am there & then decide, the spare flesh worries me, the only place I see that it is bad as yet is between my legs & that isn't somewhere I tend to flash off to people... I suppose I also want to see what size I am, I said I wanted to be a 16 but I can get in some 16s now so I am thinking I would like to be a 14 (well apart from Primark I reckon you have to weigh about 6 stone to do that!) so will see where I am when I get to 11 stone....

Back