To take your mind off the hunger pangs...

Lovelyjoolz

Loving Life!
I'm fully prepared to suffer tonight! Especially when OH is eating his dinner.

So I'm thinking of all the nice treaty things I can do to keep myself busy and take my mind off it. So far I've come up with:

1. Paint my toenails (that's going to be ALOT easier in a couple of months!)
2. Paint my fingernails
3. Experiment with my mums old heated rollers I've had in the cupboard for months - retro big hair is all the rage again apparently!

I'll have to work on a few more...

I'm also going to sort my wardrobe into size, because I've definitely got some 24's 22's 20's and 18's in there somewhere and it will be fun to plan for when I can get into them again.

What do you guys do to keep your mind off eating?

Watch tv in bed and drink coke zero lol

LOL I painted my nails 2 nights ago to keep myself occupied! :p They're a very sparkly party pink! :D

I have got 5 cross stitch packs ready to be started, 2 jigsaw puzzles and unlimited books to get through. The last time I did Exante I went through 3-4 books a week :eek:

I like to have a nice relaxing bath or watch some trashy TV. It is hard watching them to begin with but you get used to it. I had to endure my hubby chomping his way through a spag Bol that I'd prepared. I could cope with him eating it, just not the slurping noises that accompanied it!!! X

I dont really mind being around people eating, I miss being "part" of the meal though!

I find I get disgusted at the amount people can eat, shovelling crisps, burgers, chips and chocolate into their mouths without a second thought. However its not so much at the person more that I used to be that person! Does that make sence?

I'd watch the soaps or now I've started to play games on Facebook with headphones on so can't hear the OH eat, and if I'm thinking that I'd want whatever hes eating I drink water instead :)

I dont really mind being around people eating, I miss being "part" of the meal though!

I find I get disgusted at the amount people can eat, shovelling crisps, burgers, chips and chocolate into their mouths without a second thought. However its not so much at the person more that I used to be that person! Does that make sence?

This makes perfect sense! Its the way you perceive yourself that determines how you look at others ;)

emmamissfun said:

Totally agree!!

I just clear off to our bedroom and try on smaller clothes! Fitting into them keeps me 100%.

Bought loads of cross-stitch pack for me starting.........they are still in the shop bag in the spare room! Doing a lot of long hot showers and nail painting though! X

I started work in the evenings-can't eat there :) Evenings were always my danger time.

Oh yes. Me too. I feel disgusted by people who cant fit into the seats in mcds and yet they are eating MORE slurping on their diet cokes while they consume 1500 cals in one sitting .....because that was ME..... Im now a vlcd evangelist - i feel like throwing a tesco ultraslim bar at people in the street , like throwing them a lifeline!! I kinda feel saved. Hallelulah!!!!

Belle

Im now a vlcd evangelist - i feel like throwing a tesco ultraslim bar at people in the street , like throwing them a lifeline!! I kinda feel saved. Hallelulah!!!!

Belle

Love this, I feel the same!! We are like a little cult!

Oh yes. Me too. I feel disgusted by people who cant fit into the seats in mcds and yet they are eating MORE slurping on their diet cokes while they consume 1500 cals in one sitting .....because that was ME..... Im now a vlcd evangelist - i feel like throwing a tesco ultraslim bar at people in the street , like throwing them a lifeline!! I kinda feel saved. Hallelulah!!!!

Belle

Funny how it gets you isn't it :D
I'm the same - when I hear people talking about how they're being so good, counting calories and eating stuff they don't even like much to lose weight so slowly I just want to convert them to vlcd. It's maybe not the easiest for a few days but after that it's easier and results are so much better than any other way I've tried. If only they could see the light on the road to slimness ;)

I have a shower and get in bed with a DVD to take my mind off food.

Or split packs so you can have lots of half packs

And drink lots of water :)

Splitting the packs is a great idea, I've been doing that this week. I also find a cup of tea or coffee helps :)

This weekend I'm going to sort out my wardrobe and take some unwanted stuff to the charity shop or sell it on ebay. I have my very first driving lesson tonight (at the grand age of 28 lol!) so I need to start saving up for a car :)

i feel like throwing a tesco ultraslim bar at people in the street , like throwing them a lifeline!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Wouldnt you be worried they'd tell you to :kissass: if you did that? :rotflmao:

@ Gemma
I have my very first driving lesson tonight (at the grand age of 28 lol!)

Learning to drive was the best thing I did (besides getting married and having my children :family2:) Good luck with your lessons :D

@ Gemma

Learning to drive was the best thing I did (besides getting married and having my children :family2:) Good luck with your lessons :D

Thank you :)
It went really well, I was on such a high afterwards lol! My instructor said she thinks I'll pick it fairly quickly. It's nice to have something else to focus on and to take my mind off dieting :D

I have just jumped back on the wagon after 4 years of telling myself I had not put that much weight back on.. I feel like i have forgotton to do something all the time and my poor OH is being fed like a king (he is lovely and slim - and can eat what he like the swine - lol). I am only on day 4 and been watching here for days rejoycing that i am not alone... and just reading and drinking so much water is helping me no end... however the fridge seems to have developed its own voice at the moment and soooo calling me

gemmagilchrist said:
Splitting the packs is a great idea, I've been doing that this week. I also find a cup of tea or coffee helps :)

This weekend I'm going to sort out my wardrobe and take some unwanted stuff to the charity shop or sell it on ebay. I have my very first driving lesson tonight (at the grand age of 28 lol!) so I need to start saving up for a car :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have my very first driving lesson tonight (at the grand age of 28 lol!) so I need to start saving up for a car :)[/QUOTE]

I am 32 next month and I am learning to drive too. I feel so old and daft when I do mistakes during driving lessons (at least I don't feel so fat anymore lol). I can drive with my OH all over and am fine but once I have the instructor I will do silly mistakes. My driving test is very soon. My OH has told me to stop theorising driving lol.... Wish I could say driving takes my mind off food it's the other way round for me ?. Am determined to pass this time coz buses and taxis are so bloody expensive. I find 2pass.com very helpful for tips, videos, advice etc.

I have nothing to take my mind off food I have a fussy eater, she's 2 and my 9 year old is autistic so has a different diet from us. Am forever in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. I just focus my mind on that lovely size 12 dress from warehouse that I have to wear next month on my birthday. X x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back