To tell or not to tell??

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by cuminz, 25 October 2011 Social URL.

1. cuminz

cuminz Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hey, I was just wondering what everyone else tells people when they notice that you arent eating etc? I havent told my work, because I don't want them to think I'm on another fad diet that I will fail on. I'm in a diff mindset so I know I am going to do it this time, my family know of course and a few close friends :) Has anyone else kept it quiet too? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xSherrie.Chointellex

xSherrie.Chointellex Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(15.79%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I've told everyone that Im on a Verly Low Calorie Diet and that it is approved by health professionals. If they nose around just tell them that you have spoken to your GP about it and its what he/she has suggested, that way no-one can doubt you or your efforts :p x

4. GMC2011

GMC2011 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi Cuminz,

No I wish I had found away because everyone is just waiting for me to fail and my dieting has become a joke. Like u I am determined to succeed this time. We will show them! Good luck and hope u have a good week.
    GMC2011

5. mrsblobby38

mrsblobby38 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.12%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I find that having the soup at lunch time the best as people don't question it, I know from past experience tho that as soon as you start to lose weight the green eyed monsters appear and they start to lecture you on how unhealthy the diet is and tell you that it will all pile back on, I cant wait to prove them all wrong x

6. GMC2011

GMC2011 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.42%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi Sherrie,
    How long have u been on your diet and how is it going. Its my first day back on Cambridge and feeling positive. Would welcome any advice x

7. determinator

determinator Banned

I personally tell everyone .... I find it helps me to stay motivated as i dont want others to have the pleasure of saying ' I told you so ' etc I know people expect me to fail so it helps me to succeed .... its a totally personal thing and there is no best way , tell who you want and tell everyone else to mind their own :)

8. Thetrigos

Thetrigos Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.82%)
    Diet:
    WW 09/10 - 09/11 now Exante from 10/11
    I don't hide it if asked, but i don't advertise the fact. The only person i try and keep it from is my young son because he doesn't understand why i'm not eating with him at mealtimes and i don't want to put ideas into his head about diets and losing weight and being fat, so i just tell him i'm not hungry so i will eat later. The people that know in my office luckily have been very supportive, as has my husband and family, everyone else can mind their own business ;)

9. perfectxmess

perfectxmess Full Member

Current Weight:
    15st7.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    exante
    my boyfriend is the only person i've told. a friend of mine knows i'm on a diet but i haven't told her anything more than that. i prefer to just keep it to myself, rather than have people watching me the whole time to see what i eat. etc.

10. christmasfairy1

christmasfairy1 Silver Member

Funnily enough i find the standard response to " go on have one" and i say "no thanks im on a vlcd " that they try and ram it down my neck which really annoys me .
    Go on , ones not gonna hurt or you must be starving just have a little bit .
    I feel like shouting at ppl ( family are the worst for it) they just don't respect my choices.
    So like someone else has already said i think you should have the soup at lunchtime and maybe chop your bar into small peices to chomp on throughout the day.
    Good luck x

11. chiefdave

chiefdave Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Obv my wife knows and I've told my parents as they know I've been trying to lose weight for a while. Other than them I've not told anyone, not because I'm hiding it but because noones asked!

Depending who asks I would probably tell them, might wait till I'm a couple more weeks into it to be sure it's something I'm going to stick with.

Work isn't a problem as I just have the bar and noone seems to notice. Don't really eat out socially that often so that could be when it comes up, have a work night out in a couple of weeks which will involve going for a meal. Bit worried about what I'm going to have to eat and would prefer not to get a grilling over what I'm eating but I'll have to wait and see!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.