To weigh or not to weigh? Advice please!

Lolagirl80

hey everyone!
so today is day 3 for me on CD and i'm not massively struggling but i have chosen 2 products so far i havent really enjoyed and feeling a little hungry and faint so really need something to perk me up.
So my question is - should i weigh myself? as i say this is only day 3 and i'm not expecting a huge difference but i think a small change on the scales would spur me on through my 1st friday in ages with no wine!!!
But then what if the scales are the same - will i get disheartened!?
Help please!!
Lola x

hey Lola ...if your gonna have a sneaky weigh in I would do it first thing in the morning after youv been to the loo...all the water we guzzle realy makes the scales fluctuate so I wouldnt trust the reading to be completely acurate and that will drive you too the wine lol
x

ohhh good point!!! thank you for that advice - might do it tomorrow morning if i need a boost! x

Hey Lola - just noticed that we started this within a few days of each other. I was feeling exactly the same (Saturday was my day 1) so I was wondering the same. I know it's only the beginning of day 3 for me but just needed a bit of a boost. I jumped on the scales first thing this morning and have lost 3lbs - so very happy with that!!!

Now to just keep going :D I feel as if I should have lost 3 stone - lol!

Hi, I weigh after 5 mins of waking up, to keep the same consistency going.

hi jools!

ohhh how are you finding it? i resisted the weigh in - am desperate too though!! weigh in is tues night - when is yours?

Well done on resisting the weigh in Lola - you're obviously stronger in willpower than I am :)

It's day 3 for me and I have to say I've struggled today - feeling really hungry. Oh when does ketosis kick in, lol... My first weigh in will either be this Friday or Saturday, not sure as my CDC didn't book me in for one. She was supposed to ring me today and see how things were going and I assumed that we would book a time for me to get weighed. She hasn't called yet though.

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow - I'm sure you will have done great!

Today is my day 3 too! Started on Saturday as well! Not doing too badly so far, haven't really struggled with hunger or any of the side effects I had been expecting! Bought the porridge for breakfasts, and I have to say, they were revolting!!! They've now been returned & replaced with the strawberry shakes!! And, I am a fan of sneaky weigh-ins...first thing in the morning :)

delta15 said:
Today is my day 3 too! Started on Saturday as well! Not doing too badly so far, haven't really struggled with hunger or any of the side effects I had been expecting! Bought the porridge for breakfasts, and I have to say, they were revolting!!! They've now been returned & replaced with the strawberry shakes!! And, I am a fan of sneaky weigh-ins...first thing in the morning :)

How are you doing Delta? When is your first weigh in? Mine's tomorrow - I had sneaky weigh on my scales this morning and I'm hopeful for a good loss.

korbendallas said:
I have weighing OCD and do it all the time its something I need to stop doing :(

Lol, this struck a cord with me - I must stop but just don't seem to be able too. Maybe we need to start a group? Weigh In Anonymous? "Hi my name is Jools and I'm a weighaholic!" Thing is it's great if I see a loss, it really spurs me on to want to carry on but if I see I've gained (especially if I've gained in just 1 day and I've been good with the diet) it just makes me miserable and I lose my oopmh.

My weigh in is Saturday-have been weighing myself every morning (stupidly) and haven't lost anything today & I am raging!! I definitely need to get a grip on this weighing myself thing!! How are you going? Let me know how weigh in goes x

When I weighed myself yesterday I hadn't lost a thing but this morning I'd dropped another 2lbs so keep with it - some days are like that. Heat will play funny games too as our bodies retain more water when its hot apparently.

Stay strong delta15. This site is turning in to a life saver as it's really helping me focus on why I'm doing this and what I want to achieve and I know there will be weeks when I don't lose much but that's ok too. I know I will lose more my first week but after that I'm trying to be realistic. Best case scenario is I lose 3-4 lbs per week but losing 1-2 lbs is better than staying the same, and staying the same is better than a gain!

Oh no! Yes, I agree - maybe you should stop standing the scales! Says she who weighed herself yesterday and today :O But I am trying to stop weighing myself so often as I know if I don't see any movement I could get disheartened.

Have you got any little tricks you could use to stop you weighing yourself? For me, who is slightly OCD I admit, I have to weigh myself first thing in the morning, completely naked without letting one little thing pass my lips!!! LOL. My husband always brings me a cup of coffee in bed in the morning so sometimes I make myself drink my coffee then I know I won't weigh myself, because, God forbid, that one drink will completely skewer my results ... weird aren't I?

Or I don't like my husband to know how OCD I am about it so if he's around I won't do it.

Keep going though. You know there are going to be times when your weight loss isn't so great. I'm mentally preparing myself for this so that when it happens I don't lose heart and have the determination to keep going. This is a VLCD so the scales would HAVE to shift at some point. Also you might lose inches rather than pounds sometimes.

When is your next weigh in?

It drives me round the bend, not sure why as losing 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 pounds is still a LOSS and I should care about is losses.

my home scales and my CDC's are at an almost constant disparity, one week mine are 2 pounds heavier, the next mine are 3 pounds lighter god knows whats going but I might have to stop weighing or I could lose my mind !

Jools, I'm exactly the same! If I've eaten, or have clothes on, I won't stand on the scales!! Us women are strange beings aren't we?! Have you had your first weigh in yet? I've my 2nd on Sat...maybe I'll stay away from the scales til then :-S

Yes my first weigh in was last Friday, I lost 9lbs. Second weigh in is this Friday and it would be great if I lost 5lbs as that would be a stone. Even better would be 6lbs as that would take me in to the 12s but will be happy to just lose :)

Well don't Jools, that's a great loss!

I have a confession to make! I stood on the scales again this morning & they STILL HAVEN'T MOVED!!! Not even a 1/4lb since Sunday!! I'm only taking 2 shakes a day & my chicken breast with one veg, and not a thing!!! HELP!!! Don't think I could do SS again though x

Stick with it - I also have a confession to make - I stood on the scales AGAIN this morning and I'd gained 1/2 lb - grrrrrr! However, normally this would discourage me but not today. Today I'm just more determined to stick with it as I know it will change.

You may find that when you go for you weigh in that you will show a loss on your CDC scales. Have you measured yourself? May be you've lost inches? I measured myself yesterday. I'd lost 2" off my waist and 1" off my hips, nothing off my bust I'm afraid lol

Back