Today could have so easily have gone wrong, but I need some help please

slimandhappy

I came home from the school run really hungry. I had 2 scan brans and automatically put 2 slices of bread in my toaster.
I then came on this forum, and decided that I didn't really want the toast, so made some porridge to warm myself up, with strawberries and an apple and fat free yogurt.
Now what do I do, I am relatively new to this, I am doing extra easy, and have had 2 scan brans as well as oats. Will I have to point the scan brans?
Thanks for your help.

Don't panic!! Well done on not eating the toast. Take your oats as your HEX B choice and your scan bran are only half a syn each.

No harm done!

You're allowed 1 scan bran with 28g of porridge anyway.How much porridge did you have and what b choices have you used today?

You're allowed 1 scan bran with 28g of porridge anyway.How much porridge did you have and what b choices have you used today?
I am doing the extra easy plan, so I am only allowed 1 b choice. I have had 28g of oats and 2 scan brans. I think I am only allowed 1 scan bran, so will point one as 0.5 points Thanks for yourhelp

Hi slimandhappy

The immediate question has been answered perfectly above.
The not-so-immediate question is "How can I avoid this potentially happening again in the future?"

We have ALL been in a position where we just want to grab something and eat it, regardless. This is almost always due to getting too hungry. Maybe you could map out potential 'danger areas' in your day and work out how to get around the problem?

If you didn't eat before the school run, this is a problem- what plans can you make for the future so you don't get in a similar pickle again?

I have found that mapping any potential danger areas (food shopping when hungry, going out for a meal, eating later than usual) and planning what I can do about them has really helped me lately.

Well done on not doing any damage, mate
xxxx

Cocktail princess.
Well done on your weight loss. Thanks for the information, I will try and have breakfast before I do the school run, even if it is a little bit of fruit, but the damage was only half a point. Glad I avoided the toast.

Cocktail princess.
Well done on your weight loss. Thanks for the information, I will try and have breakfast before I do the school run, even if it is a little bit of fruit, but the damage was only half a point. Glad I avoided the toast.
You did brilliantly! There have been times when I was in a similar situation and I have stuck half a cow in my mouth.
Good idea on eating before the journey- if you are in a mad dash you could even just take a banana with you to stave off the hunger until you get home

Good luck xxxx

Back