"Today I resisted..." a thread to celebrate your strength

spangles

Bouncy Castle
This diet can fortunately become routine, but it isn't easy. We deserve credit for all the victories we have over tempting foods. So I thought it would be a good idea to celebrate here!

(There will be talk of tasty foods on this thread. Avoid if you are feeling weak today.)

So, today I met a friend for a chat in a cafe/deli. To get there I walked past two bakeries... gosh the smell! Then while I was ordering my bottle of water there were these gorgeous christmassy cupcakes... I'm a sucker for pretty food.

Then I went into Brixton to go to M&S and by the it was about 2pm - and I hadn't thought to bring a bar out with me, so I went into the food section and examined every pack of cooked chicken and prawns... and there *were* prawns with only a little salt added - and gosh how I wanted them. I picked them up three or four times.

And then I thought - "no". "No I will *not* do this. Because much as I wasnt some tasty king prawns, I want a decent weigh in on tuesday more.

So I walked away. Good huh?

What have you resisted lately?

I was at the carnival yesterday and there was food stalls everywhere, including the deep fried, fresh donuts with all different sugars, cinnamon and sauces. I actually went and stood next to it for about 5 mins just sniffing!!! Had a massive internal argument with myself but walked away! Hoorah, victory!!!! *fist pump*

Well done to both of you for being strong :) great thread x

i am resisting constantly as i work as a food advisor for the food halls and i am always surrounded by food but to be honest when i resist it makes me stronger. its a constant challenege but i want to be slim so i am determined to do this :)

At the moment i am resisting all the lovely hot food we sell... especially the Garlic Bread.... I have had my last shake here and 3 bottles of water (on carbonated) I am feeling a little weak now but this is only my first day.. an early night should sort me out x

I resisted a Jaffa cake. Small but a minor leap forward. Everyone at work asked why and so I told them. It surprised me how supportive they were. The two girls in my office suggested we diet together so here's hoping!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

"I can resist everything except temptation..."

Who said that, anyway? :confused:

Great idea for a thread, Spangles! :clap: I hope to post something here very soon! ;)

Aw love this thread :) can't wait to start Monday and share with u all what I'm resisting :) xx

Ooooh I am currently resisting, the chocolate yule log in the kitchen, the new years brunch I just cooked and the Mcdonalds drive thru I drove past, just about everything in sainsbury's and toffee pops.

I had a pretty wild food day yesterday and really upset my tum. Which I will spare you the details if here, but suffice to say it partially relates to a story that kay (bluegirl) once posted - well almost, thankfully I was woken by Mt Etna this morning and managed to evacuate - pardon the pun, in time, but I have been well and truly told by my body - dont you start poisoning me with crap again.

Thus, today is going to be a better day of postive choices, a day of no blacklisted foods, a day of SS+. Yes sureee!

Today i resisted onion bagels with melted cheese! I would have pulled my face off to have tasted them lol!!

Today yet again I resisted Lahmacun... ahhh

Whats lahmacun? C

Turkish Flatbread pizza type dish... its yummy!

Oooh that sounds rather wonderful! Well done on resisting!!!

Its worth it! I felt quite liberated today making a big breakfast and not eating it.. but last night i actually cried over the pizza lol not sure why i wasnt even hungry!

It's because it's delish!

You should try marissa peers, who talks about milk in her book and hypnosis, as puss filled white cows blood. She will also cure you of any bread addiction you have, by asking you to take a piece of bread and squeeze it into a ball. Then think about eating it...uuuuugh, worked for me! Bread doesnt look so appealing when it looks like a lump of dirty play-dough.

LOL. Dangerous to try Marisa when you're drinking shakes though! Don't you remember that's how I came unstuck last year? ;)

Good idea for post-Cambridge... :D

Too true! ;)

The dough thing though... Ewww!

fab idea for a post - like this a lot !! :)

Had to resist today as my man made eeveryone spag bol with grated cheese and garlic bread....and there was left overs on the hob! I didnt so much as give it a sniff.... Was very proud of myself and think to myself, i can have lovely healthy meals when im slim, i will make spag bol with quorn mince & wholemeal pasta n will enjoy it :) and stay slim!!

Back