Today I resisted.....

Starlight

Gold Member
After a chat with Shell today it occured to me that people not on a VLCD dont actually appreciate what a struggle and then achievement it is when we resist something really tempting and tasty, so I thought we could have a thread where we can share what we resisted and really feel proud of the achievement.

No matter how small or how big the food temptation was... what did you resist today :)

Okay I made vanilla cupcakes with a ganache topping, springled with crumbled flake and topped with mini eggs (easter nests).

It was so hard not licking fingers but the worst was when they were all finsihed and I couldnt appreciate my hard work. Still it was lovely watching my sons devour them!

today I resisted
- my favourite frosted shreddies the kids had for brekkie
- the yummy crab sticks my daughter had for lunch
-all the things I walked past in tesco .. and they were baking bread in the bakery :0
- I went to the fridge and very nearly scoffed a bar this afternoon but didnt
- the tomato spirals I made with my 5 year old for their tea ( presently in the oven and smell amazing )
- and the fromage fraise cake I made with the gilrs .. also currently in the oven !!

Woop a thread cos of me :D I made hubby and daughter bacon and egg sarnies and didn't touch them :D

Really good post Starlight. I have just started Cambridge and I totally agree with how hard it can be to resist something but how empowering.
I worked with a very sim girl for three days and I watched what she ate...just curious as it does not come natural to me greedy..but she resisted lots of things and ate very healthy and did not over do it. she says she works hard to keep her slim figure, so using Cambridge as practise when done.
I resisted talking my self to do another diet..Cambridge is my choice but your self talk does try to convince you.
Sorry off the point a bit x

Mine wasnt a food temptation, it was the temptation to go the Docs and give him a piece of my mind after.....
A couple of weeks ago I was getting a muscular ache around the shoulder area so went to visit my GP. He was very nice and congratulated me on my current weight loss etc. Then issued me with a presciption for my shoulder. The tablets worked wonders and the shoulder was as good as new within a few days.
However, after a week I was feeling nauseas bloated. Now having been on a VLCD for 15 wks I was pretty sure I knew how my body felt ( and something wasn't right). I decided to jump on the scales a day early and nearly fainted. The scales showed that I had gained 5lbs (Yes gained 5lbs).
My head went up my backside, depression set in, as I tried to work out what had gone wrong. I decided it must be the scales, so off to Boots I went. Jumped on the scales and waited for the printout (a gain of 6lbs) things were getting worse. So I racked my brains trying to work out what was going on.
I was using a different water flavouring but everything else was regimented except for one other thing. Those tablets for muscular aches.
One internet search later and I have found a forum full of people with weight gains due to Naproxen
rapid weight gain during naproxen use - Topix
It would appear that Naproxen encourages the body to retain water, and in my case as I was drinking 6-8 pints a day, I have a weight gain of 5lbs this week.
This is a warning to other dieters as Naproxen works brilliantly as pain relief, but the water retention is depressing.
Needless to say I am no longer using them and will put up with the pain.
http://www.minimins.com/exante-diaries/250623-lighter-life-exante.html

Last edited:
I passed a KFC on Saturday...Smelled amazing, yet I resisted :D

I resisted a pepperoni pizza that my OH cooked today. It was literally calling my name and it smelt so good! But I looked at it, and it looked greasy and stodgy, and I went back to sipping my vanilla shake quite contentedly! I also resisted chinese takeaway last night by going for a nice soak in the bath while OH ate. His diet is so bad sometimes but the lucky git burns it off!

This thread is a great idea - people REALLY do not understand how difficult it is resisting stuff. Last night I resisted having a packet of 'frisps' I've also got BBQ chicken and spicy wedges cooking for OH....The smell is amazing :(

This was at the weekend!
My lot at home ordered a takeaway pizza and garlic bread . They sat in the living room eating, and I was very good :) soup in one hand , magazine in the other.
Still feel fantastic for not giving in :)

Resisted biting the end off one of the hotdogs in my hubby's sarnie. And to make it worse, he toasts the bread AND my kitchen is at the end of my lounge so I'm trying to study with a headache (back on the wagon today) and the flat smells of hot toast and hotdog. Grr.

Also, resisted the temptation of being bored studying, and just going to the fridge to pick at something.

I just resisted a curry!
Because I haven't told my family I'm on exante this time my sister didn't know and brought me round a curry for dinner.
I had to tell her to take it home with her.....so I resisted my fave meal, go me!

I resist the breakfast, lunch and dinner I prepare everyday for my children, their sweets, crisps, cake bars, fruit - somedays I succeed and somedays I fail (like today) but that was then and this is now so now I am back to resisting everything. Good luck every one

The usual pile of cakes and sweets in work :z

I resisted..............the cheese and tomato pizza I cooked for my Dad's tea!

Oh it smelled good......but laden with fat and carbohydrate, so I carried on with my Thai chicken soup! :D

today i resisted a cheese and ham paninni from costa (my fav) that my collegues were tucking into. the hospital i work in has a marks and spencers and two costa coffee shops. everydays a challange lol

today i resisted a cheese and ham paninni from costa (my fav) that my collegues were tucking into. the hospital i work in has a marks and spencers and two costa coffee shops. everydays a challange lol

My my.....you work in fancier hospitals than I ever did!! :D:D

The huge tub of Celebtations one of my colleagues brought into work today x

Today I resisted a big, hot, fresh, southern fried chicken! Damn! :) oh and a colleague was sat eating a subway today and it smelt and looked gorgeous!

Back