Today is day 6 without binging!! Im soooo happy!!

stacey2kl

Today is day 6 without binging.

I feel good.

I started following slimming world as my problem was i would binge eating copious amounts of food!

I am 23 and struggled with anorexia, bullimia and then binge eating. I am 5ft 5 8 stone 11 so healthy weight but my natural weight is more around 8 stone mark. I am very bloated from all binge eating etc and i think im still holding a lot of water.

Also due on period and upped the intake of veggies and fruit which probably isnt helping with the fibre track.

Does anyone know when the post binge bloating gos?

Anyway im feeling goooood after 6 days non binging. Ive stopped restricting and counting calories which i think played a binge part in my binging cycle. I follow SW which lets me eat lots of food within reason and also have other unhealthier options but they carry syns.

I AM SO HAPPY! Long may it last. x

Hi there. It's brill that you have found a way of eating that means you can break out of the bingeing and starving cycle etc but at 5'5" a weight o is in the underweight range and if you try to get to 8st you will only have a BMI of 16 which is severely underweight. Perhaps using SW to maintain your weight till you can achieve some degree of confidence around food would help you to keep from bingeing which would hopefully reduce the bloating feeling you have and will help to get rid of any other side effects from bingeing. Well done you for managing 6 days without bingeing that's an immense achievement when it has been a force in your life for so long.

Sorry should have said that weight of 8 st 11 is moving into the underweight range. From my slimming world book it says that the lowest acceptable weight for your height is 8st8.

Give it a go baby_cakes. You can join SW online if you can't make it to a class and though I am going to a class cos I need the discipline of a weigh in, the support and back posts on this forum are more helpful to me than a class ever could be and since you've been on the forum for a while you'll prob know your way round better than me. I found SW quite good cos, like other people have said, you focus on the quality of the food rather than points for everything or calories. There is a little bit of weighing but I have only had my scales out for a couple of things.

Back