Today is the day!!

Katie85

Silver Member
Hello guys. I am on Day 1 today but it isn't my first time on a TFR diet. I have tried it a few times, I have had great success to begin with but it has always ended in failure. I don't want to go through the reasons (poor excuses) of why I failed so I'm just going to look at this as though it is my first time.

Got a massive 10 stone to lose so, Hoping to get inspiration on here and share the experience. Anyone out there? Seems very quiet on here.

okay so from my experience the best thing to do is remember the past is the past BUT write down all the excuses you used before and dont let your mind mess you up.

I think this TFR is a mental game more than a physical one.

i have two or three lists on the go at the moment.
one why ive not succeeded on diets before.
two why i will succeed this time
three foods ive craved and then i remove it when the craving goes away to remind myself that this too shall pass.

A friend of mine told me a story years ago about how the world is all in a balance ying and yang good and evil etc... its online too in loads of places but ive copied it below for you...

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

we have to remember to feed the good... when you do feel tempted remember how hard it is to be overweight and how miserable it feels...

you can do it if you put in the effort

Aww what a motivating post thank you.

i agree it is a mental process more than anything, on some level emotional too for me as I turn to food in an emotional situation. But the battle is the mind either way. I have felt so hungry all day, not given in though.

well done keep it up.
to be honest im in week 4 and still think about food a fair bit but more of a id love this when im finished and they seem to be healthier foods than i used to think about.
just think of it as controlling your mind more than your body.

That's a beautiful post!!! I agree with that completely... Yeah I'm looking forward to spinach and rocket and steak afterwards but i love them anyway

yeah im the same have my list and all thats on it at the moment is a poached egg hahaha
hope everybody is doing well!

Back