Attack Todays the day

Zoesastar

Silver Member
My other half and I are officially starting Attack phase today, not sure im really looking forward to it! We have a fride full of fresh meat and low fat dairy, bag of oatbran etc etc

I think i will be fine but im gonna struggle not being able to eat fruit, especially at work!!

Alot of helpful tips muchly appreciated!! :)

I felt the same Zoe at first didnt think I could survive without my daily banana - but I have - best diet ever and Ive tried a few. Keep reading the book, post on here and ask as many questions that you want. Your already prepared food wise and you have someone to do the diet with ......... GO for it Girl :)

Thank u!

It helps that my other half is doing it as well, but hes so grumpy on a normal day im not sure he'l cope lol

Well done, your starting off on the right foot, plenty of food. Make some sugar free jelly, sweetened yogurt, chicken pieces, boiled eggs etc, for work as snacks. Alot of people make oat bran muffins too so they would be ideal also. And make sure you drink enough water. Good luck. Xx

Good luck, you sound pretty prepared and some great advice there on snacks x

once you get to cruise (which is only a few days away) you can snack on veggies at work on pv days - cherry tomatoes quickly replace fruit as the snack of choice!

Breakfast and lunch down, dont feel very hungry but have had a headache all day!

Made the dukan galettes for breakfast and found them too sickly so will have to do something else with it!

I usually make porridge out of mine with skimmed milk and sweetener. It's a nice start to the day or in the evening when I get the urge to pick at the wrong foods :p

It may well be too much sweetner thats giving me a headache, its very sickly, odd though coz i replaced sugar in my tea with sweetner years ago!

It's really common to have a headache in the first few days of dukan. Kind of like a detox to your body. :) lots of us experienced it so dont worry xx

It was his idea a while a go but i was a bit skeptical coz his diet consisted of white bread, cheese and mayo on a daily basis! I was following slimming world but its too easy to go off track!

Im worried about how awful i might feel in the week coz i do 4 zumba classes, which im thinking might be a bit much if im not eating!

The fluey headache passes - its usually a really good cue to switch to cruise and start eating veg, as it means that attack has done it's work.

If you find the gallette sickly, try making it with lees sweetener and with a squeeze of lemon.

Or make a savory one with herbs and black pepper - lovely as an egg sandwich or round a burger.

Or try the dukan microwave bread instead once you start cruise.

Can i make muffins from 1.5 or 3 tbsps of oat bran? If so, whats the recipe?

I feel sick with the headache now, havent even completed a day yet and i feel like giving up! I wanted to do attack for at least 3 days!

Honestly stick with it your body is just craving the carbs and sugar. I would get the muffin recipe and make some up, I find it the best way to use my oatbran and they are great for snacking on. You will need silicone mould muffin things though as otherwise you leave half the muffin on the paper- I think it will really help. I had them in attack - whether I was supposed to or not but I did and still lost alot of weight. Don't give up - the headache will go. Maybe cut down zumba classes for this week only till your body adjusts. Good luck and keep strong. x

Can i make muffins from 1.5 or 3 tbsps of oat bran? If so, whats the recipe?

I feel sick with the headache now, havent even completed a day yet and i feel like giving up! I wanted to do attack for at least 3 days!

The muffin recipe I have is 1tbsp wheatbran + 2tbps oatbran, so save it until cruise.

If the headache is a problem don't prolong attack beyond three days, as it will pass as soon as you start reintroducing veg on our first pv day.

Id love that recipe if you dont mind? I tried making muffins last night and they didnt work out at all!

Headache has gone, just the light headedness to get over now.

I have drunk plenty of water, probably looking at nearly 4litres of fluid by the end of the day, 3 litres of that being water.

I think i will be shopping for vegetables tomorrow!!!!

Back