Toddlers

firfenwen

I've been messing around for a long time now and have decided to come back to SW as I was hungry or not learning any healthy habits elsewhere.

Anyway, one of the biggest downfalls I have had is having to cook separately for me and my toddler. He is a bit of a fussy eater but he eats healthily. However I was wondering if he could eat the same things I do in SW? He is slightly under weight and eats sparrow portions so don't want him to lose weight. What should I be doing so he puts on weight and I lose without cooking separate things?

Also can he have the same cereals and ryvitas as me? He will be having his own milk and will probably eat more cheese.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Slimming World healthy extras give you controlled portions of bread and dairy, maybe you can give him more bread and dairy compared to yourself, that's what I would do anyway. I'd say weigh him one week, give him 2 HEXa and 2 HEXb for the next week, and then weigh him exactly one week later and see if he has gained or lost or stayed the same. Increase/decrease Hexes until you find the balance you are looking for.

firfenwen said:
I've been messing around for a long time now and have decided to come back to SW as I was hungry or not learning any healthy habits elsewhere.

Anyway, one of the biggest downfalls I have had is having to cook separately for me and my toddler. He is a bit of a fussy eater but he eats healthily. However I was wondering if he could eat the same things I do in SW? He is slightly under weight and eats sparrow portions so don't want him to lose weight. What should I be doing so he puts on weight and I lose without cooking separate things?

Also can he have the same cereals and ryvitas as me? He will be having his own milk and will probably eat more cheese.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

My son eats All the same meals as me and loves it he loves to snack on ryvitas and devours my stews like they are going out of fashion and loves my smoked mackerel pate and curries too he is 2 and for the past 8 months since I started sw has eaten same as us as he always has he does snack on cheese and has the odd bag of crisps and chocolate freddo bars which I love too for a low syn treat .... If he eats all his meal he gets a pud sometimes fruit sometimes icecream or yog ...... The thing to remember with sw is its a healthy balanced lifestyle so if your child is eating the same foods you are teaching them how to make healthy choices as part of a healthy active lifestyle .....that's not a bad thing in my opinion .
My son eats healthy food no need to fatten him up on high fat foods .... I'm looking at the bigger picture if he makes healthy choices a part of his life now he won't end up in a slimming club like me .... The only thing I don't do is limit his healthy extras .....but to be honest an adults hex is more than enough for him anyway....sorry for long rambling post

Thanks for your replies folks. It does make sense that he eats healthy and it will make it easier all round. That's the trouble I had with CC or others, it was too easy to pick up overly processed and salty foods and cooking sauces.

My 5 yr old eats basically the same as me I refuse to cook 2 different meals I do t have the time with working full time. But he gets crisps and treats etc and I dont limit his cheese milk full fat yoghurts etc if we are having a cooked breakfast I do cook hubby and him different sausages but that's my limit on variation. He was a fussy water now isn't he eats what he's given. Following the main meal part of slimming world will do no harm to your child just give them normally kids treats and extras.

phaeona said:
My 5 yr old eats basically the same as me I refuse to cook 2 different meals I do t have the time with working full time. But he gets crisps and treats etc and I dont limit his cheese milk full fat yoghurts etc if we are having a cooked breakfast I do cook hubby and him different sausages but that's my limit on variation. He was a fussy water now isn't he eats what he's given. Following the main meal part of slimming world will do no harm to your child just give them normally kids treats and extras.

My thoughts exactly

Back