Tofu on SS+ - how can i make a meal of it?

Keeliewheeliebin

biker babe!
Hi all. I know there have been previous posts about tofu but all seem to include ingerdients or foods which are not allowed on SS+ and i really need to stick with this as ive only got 1 stone left to lose .
Ive not cooked tofu before but im aware that it needs to be marinaded in some way to give it some flavour.

Ive bought some Cauldron tofu and plan on draining it and squeezing out the excess moisture before cooking it. after that im at a loss as to what to do. I was thinking of sprinkling either chinese spice or curry powder over it and dry frying with some greens and making a stirfry. but i dont know how to marinade. should i mix some of the spices with a little water and stand the tofu in that for a while instead of just sprinkling the spice on top??

if anyone has any other ideas of what i can do with tofu on SS+ please let me know. Im getting fed up of omelette, quorn and cottage cheese!

bump?

Hi, no don't use water in a marinade as that will soak and make the tofu all mushy again.

To drain all the water the easiest thing to do is slice it half vertically (or are only allowed half anyway) and place that slap on plenty of paper towels. Cover with some more and put a plate on top with something moderately heavy on top and just leave it for 30/60 minutes. Easy peasy. For the marinade just sprinkle the herbs on it after you like dice it and let it stand just like you would do with meat.

I love my tofu fry-ups. Especially with mushroom or asperages. At the moment I am using a cajun blend, quite spicy but very lovely.

Thanks hun. I've pretty much got the hang of making tasty tofu now! Only had it once before at a Thai place but decided to give it a go myself and now Im hooked! Can't believe I've been veggie for 17 years and never thought about cooking with tofu! Its yummy ;-) had mine with curry powder marinade then dry fried with spring onions broccoli stalks and mushrooms. Mmm nom nom nom :-D

Back