Tofu Pudding

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Hi all, I used tofu for the first time tonight.

I found the recipe online somewhere and made it tonight. Dead easy and quite tasty

Box of silken tofu (asda sell it £1)
Sweetner to taste
Vanilla Essence to taste
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder

Put all together in a jug and mix really REALLY well. I used my stick blender.

Split between two tubs and put into fridge. I left it to set for about an hour, should have been longer really, but it still tasted nice.

I'm going to try freezing it and make ice cream.

I'm thinking just mixing the above without the choc powder and then using jelly with it will make a lovely blancmange type pudding.

I'd be interested to hear about in your jelly experiment (although I hated blancmange as a child).

I used to make a tofu yoghurt cake. 1/2 tub of silken tofu (the other half I kept in a tupperware until the next weekend, no problem). 250g quark + flavouring of your choice. Sweetener to taste. 1 tablespoon cornflour (1 tolerated). Baked in a silicon cake mould. 200°C 20-30 mins. I'd get 6 slices, which I'd eat over 3 days...

Oooo Jo, I'm liking the sound of that 'cake'. Cornflour doesn't like me, but if i spread it over a few days it shouldn't make a differene.

Not done the jelly yet, but will let you know when I do. Have a feeling its going to be a bit of a mess LOL, need to buy some more Tofu first, only bought one tub last week, just to try it first.

Made the chocolate pudding this weekend. It was lush!! Didn't realise Asda sold the tofu. Got it from the Chinese supermarket. It's hard not to eat it all!

Back