Cruise PV Tofu & Vegetable Patties

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by anjuschka, 25 May 2011 Social URL.

1. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    I made these the other day - based on this recipe (the only change I made is they're not fried in oil!)
    Tofu & vegetable patties recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

They were very tasty, and yes, I (in Stab) did use commercial chilli sauce for dipping, but you should be able to whip up a good alternative using tomato puree, vinegar, soy sauce, sweetener and chilli flakes!

• 1 carrot , grated
    • 5 spring onions , sliced
    • 1 garlic clove , crushed
    • 3cm/1ΒΌ inch piece ginger , grated
    • 400g block firm tofu , drained and crumbled
    • 2 eggs , lightly beaten
    Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl with some seasoning and mix well.

Fry using the 'galette method' ie heat a non-stick pan, wipe with oil of fry-light if necessary, drop a spoonful (or more) and turn the heat right down and leave for at least 5 minutes before turning and frying the second side.

I found the mixture a bit too crumbly for frying without oil so I ended up with larger lumps and lots of crumbs as it broke up on turning - I think next time I'll need to add another egg white or so for provide a bit more binding.

But it was tasty, very filling (2 meals - good for packed lunches too) and a nice change from omelette and only half the number of eggs too! I'm sure a variation without Veg for PP days would work too!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.