Toilet woes..

Dulcolax is cheap and works. Drink extra water with it, because it sucks water back in to your guts which is how it errr helps. For me I take it around 6pm when I'm staying in for the night and it works by 11pm. Others take it at bedtime and do a mad dash to the loo in the morning.

I used dulcolax one time and my god it was harsh. It gave me terrible stomach cramps and when I did go I felt like my whole insides were going to come out and I nearly fainted!!

I use dulcoease which gently help you go but can take a day or two but there is no toilet panic. I now take one a day and this helps keep me regular. You can have up to four a day.

Dulcolax Pico Perles are good too...they're similar to the normal Dulcolax, but a LOT gentler (no stomach cramps or rushing to the loo) The minimum dose is 1, and the maximum is 4, so you can start with a small dose to start with, and then if you don't 'go' you can increase the dose accordingly so they're a bit less 'all or nothing' than some laxatives! :)
They're £3 for 20 in Tesco - never seen them in the other supermarkets mind you :(
x

Hi Myaeve I had a similar problem earlier in d wk and have found taking psyllium husks (@ a tbsp) in a half glass of water each morning has sorted me out Also felt strong coffee dehydrates me so tend to stick to decaf coffee peppermint tea and green tea as well as water and 1/2 cans of coke zero Heart goes out to u as its no laughing matter!!! Gud luck!!

I buy ducolax from morrisons very cheaply , take on tablet before I go to be and usually by 9am I go , but its not a mad rush to get to loo so works for me. Usually have to take it everyother week , generally its down to not drinking enough water one day that week

Back