TOM and being overweight!!

sarahmun

hi everyone
im jus looking for reassurance really. i have really heavy tom not always painful but jus very inconvenient! when i was a size 14 it wasnt a problem so is it down to being overweight or should i see a doc? (hate goin to docs) lol.
its become such a problem i cant really leave the house for 4 days during tom and defo cant go to the gym which is annoying!
has anyone else experienced this?
thanks sarah xx

I totally sympathise... I try not to go near scales during period time as I feel very heavy and I'm sure I would see a gain. My totm is regular as clockwork only lasts about 5 days but to be honest I'm the same as you I really could do with staying at home for the first 3 days.. : ( i used to have a coil fitted and thought when that was removed that it would improve the totm but no difference.
I know generally women say they gain a couple of pounds during the week before when they get pmt but I defiantly would say I gain during my period.
Xx

I meant to add, This hasn't improved even though I've lost more than 5 stone, and I know gps are quick to tell you to lose weight whenever you visit them with women's problems!! But this made no difference to me x

thanks for replying
congrats on your weught loss thats fab ... i just pray that they do improve with time its so inconvenient i went to docs after birth of second child and they put me on mini pill and it made me worse so camr off that! lol.
ive defied odds this week andlost 4lb when its totm so well happy.
hope its gets better for u too
sarah xx

sarahmun said:
thanks for replying
congrats on your weught loss thats fab ... i just pray that they do improve with time its so inconvenient i went to docs after birth of second child and they put me on mini pill and it made me worse so camr off that! lol.
ive defied odds this week andlost 4lb when its totm so well happy.
hope its gets better for u too
sarah xx

Well done 4lb is great. : )
It rules your whole life when periods are that heavy, luckily I don't suffer with much pain. Xx very costly each month though, if men had periods you can be sure tampax etc would be free on nhs!!! ; )

Back