tomato and corriander chicken

lucylis

:) had fab tea earlier (well its one of my fav meals and fits well with ww) so thought I would share!

One raw medium chicken fillet.
tomato passata
fresh corriander I use a handful and chop(has to be fresh for taste)adjust to taste
basil or italian seasoning your choice
one clove of garlic (more if you prefer)
half of diced red chilli (can leave it out if you prefer)
good dash of lime or lemon juice(personal preference) i normally use fresh juice from half a lime but had none today so used lemon juice (jiff)
sliced peppers
sliced mushrooms

basically mix all seasonings together in suitable small baking dish, add enough passata to cover bottom of dish and stir .... at this point u can taste and see if it needs extra seasoning) then add chicken fillet (i split mine to make butterfly fillet) top with some more passata stir ingredients and top with peppers and mushrooms (you can add whatever other veg you like onions corgettes etc! then bake in oven for about 25 mins 190c not sure what that is in gas 6? serve with whatever you like I had pepper, sugar snap peas and beansprout and courgette stir fry :) but I have had it with pasta. and sprinkle some fresh corriander for garnish ;)

hope you try and enjoy .... its a lovely fresh taste :)

Mmmmm that sounds really nice and something I will be trying soon :)

Sounds lovely - are the only points for the chicken fillet?

Hi Skessa, where abouts are you going? we are going to Brisbane, I have applied for job and just awaiting confirmation, if successful they will provide a 4 yr working visa, we will apply for permanent residency when there. If I get it we will be moving in a month EEEk! but really I cant wait, we went in feb and loved it, didn't want to come home

Back