Tomato Ketchup

blue31

Hi guys,

I'm really missing my tomato ketchup so I have come across some on eBay that says ok to have on dukan diet. It's sugar free and below is the description. Can anyone clarify if this would be ok to have?

Nutritional information 30 ml of the product:
Energy 16 kcal
Protein: 0.6 g
Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
Fat: <0.1 g
Sodium - 0.94 g

looks fine to me hun but I'm not an expert and do struggle sometimes to tell myself. Have you thought about using passata instead, its sieved tomatoes so is probably quite close.

Thanks, ill give it a try and if it affect my losses ill stop using it. I'm not the best cook so the easier the better for me lol

Thanks again :)

Thanks, ill give it a try and if it affect my losses ill stop using it. I'm not the best cook so the easier the better for me lol

Thanks again :)

Blue

Someone else pointed out to me that in the book Dr D gives a recipe for tomato sauce but then says (words to the effect of) "if that's too much hassle, you can have a little bit of Heinz reduced salt and reduced sugar tomato ketchup".

I'll try and find the page in the book but that will be a cheaper option than your eBay purchase!

P x

Here you go Pol. This is direct from the dukan website.

Here is the official word on Ketchup from Dr Dukan himself.....

Ketchup If you fancy some or need some, 2 tablespoonfuls can be tolerated. Otherwise, I can recommend you try reduced salt and sugar Ketchup (Heinz 100g, 75 calories), or even better make it yourself by starting off with some tomato sauce or passata (4 cans + 8 cups of onions + 1.5 litres of wine vinegar + 6 tablespoonfuls of Canderel + 2 tablespoonfuls of Schwartz marinade spices - Mix everything together, cover and simmer on a low heat for 5 hours then put into sterilized jars).

Awwwww thanks guys you really are awesome and know your stuff I must say this forum is a huge help when doing the dukan diet.

And yes much cheaper the sauce on eBay is 6.99! X

Back