Tom's Kitchen Somserset House - FOOD PANIC!

Just_Becca

Okay, so this Friday the family are going out for my Dad's birthday to Tom's Kitchen at Somerset House. Cue the food related panic.

I've just had a look on the website and seen their menu - http://www.tomskitchen.co.uk/app_files/2012/11/finalversionwinteralacarte201213_1.pdf

How on earth do I work out the syn values of things?

I'm doing extra easy so I thought the best options for me would be a starter of the Soup of the day (hopefully bursting with veggies) or the Green salad (with the sauce of the side). In regards to the main I'm a little stumped, I want to say the Venisson Casserole or the Hake risotto would be best. But i really don't know.

Help please guys! I don't want to fall off the wagon so soon!! Any tips and ideas?

Thanks.

Ouch! All I could see would be th steak with no sauce but then it comes with chips lol I suggest flexi enjoy wot ya want and try and be good the rest of the week :)

I have to say that if I had the opportunity to go to a restaurant run by the legendary Tom Aikens, I would not consider the syn values for one single second! I would happily go without syns for a month, if necessary.

Thanks Emma, that sounds like an option. Might get my little bro to eat the chips.

That was my first though too Anna, but I really don't want to fall back into bad habits.

We shall see this evening ey? I have been very good, so might just stretch to flexi syns. Does 20 sound like too much?

x

I would have skipped the starter and had the open steak sandwich, I would have asked for it to be cooked with no oil etc and I would have asked them to change the chips to veg and or salad with out butter and dressings. Hope it was nice!

Thanks guys, It was lovely.

I went for the beetroot feta starter. No dressing. Hex a on the feta.

Then I had the roast hake and risotto. Asked for no oil. So I put that at 15syns because of the cheese.

For pudding I went completly off the rails and had a chocolate pot with pistachio ice cream. Put that at 20 syns, gave half away to my parents.

Also managed to nurse a single gin and diet tonic throughout the whole thing, so only 2.5 syns.

Overall I managed to keep it under 50syns and incldued a 30minute walk home instead of getting the tube!

x

Back