Tone-Up Shoes

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Yambabe, 17 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Anyone tried them or got any opinions?

I walk my dog a lot (probably 2-3 miles most days) and am thinking of getting some of the Skechers ones.

Can't find much info on the science behind them though and am a bit dubious about how much they will live up to the hype!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's because there isn't much science behind them! Just people trying to cash in on the fact that everyone wants a quick fix to toning and strengthening their legs in my opinion. Not that I'm against quick fixes, just wish they worked lol

4. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    i have the fit flops and the reebok easytone.
    I do think they work and are really comfy :) they dont do miracles but the trainers especially are toning :D

5. Jettica

Jettica Shoot to thrill

Start Weight:
    239lb
    Current Weight:
    172lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    67lb(28.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got fitflop and I walked about 20 miles in them over the coarse of a week while on holiday. Didn't notice any difference. They really hurt my right foot, all along the top and part way up my leg too.

Odd.

However, the Rebok and Sketchers look like they might be better. Pity they are so ugly. :p

6. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There was something about this kind of shoe on X Ray on BBC One the other night, catch it on iPlayer if you missed it.

7. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Thanks all. :)

I've got some skechers tone-ups which are a sort of super-flip-flop, and am giving them a go for general use for the next few weeks, lets see what happens!

I'm going to stick with my ordinary trainers for dogwalking for the time being though as my tone-ups are toe-post style and I reckon they will probably rub if I try to do a fair distance (the dog and I generally do a couple of miles at a time) in them.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.