Tonight I tried.........................

fillymum

synful soul
Tonight I tried the smash based pizza. It was delicious. I would recommend it to anyone.

I made one mistake though, I used tomato that was too runny to cover the base. Next time I will use tomato puree instead of home made puree. I topped it with roasted peppers, onions,and cheese from hex a/b's. I tell you it was sooooooo good and the base was crispy and tasty. I added ground garlic powder to the smash and an egg. It cooked golden and crispy and then I put my topping on and cooked it like a normal pizza.

Tomorrow I am going to try the lentil and mushroom loaf. I decided it was time to shake up my menus and try at least 3 new things a week.

Do try the pizza it is worth it.

Oh how do u make this

This is the recipe I followed .........................

Ingredients
(For 1 pizza, which I had all to myself!)
Base
50g smash
sprinkling mixed herbs
small clove garlic, crushed
Topping
Tomato Pasata
Oregano
42g mozarella (HEXA), I chopped this into pizza express style chunks, but could also grate
Free toppings of your choice (e.g. sweetcorn, onions, chicken, ham, peppers, etc)

Method

1. Spray a pizza tray with fry light
  2. Mix the smash, herbs and garlic with boiling water. Add the water a few drops at a time, and mix until you have a dough. Be really careful not to make it too watery - this makes it sticky, which was my first problem
  3. Use your hands to flatten the smash mixture onto the pizza tray - try and get it as thin as possible without it falling apart
  4. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until crispy on one side. Turn over then bake on the other side for 5 minutes
  5. Add the pasata, mozarella, oregano and toppings
  6. Pop into the oven until the cheese has melted.
I used mature cheddar instead and garlic powder in the smash. I also found baking it on baking paper sprayed with fry light made the base easier to handel i.e. turn over etc.

Enjoy !!! It is worth it.........................

Thank u :)

Have you done the mushroom and lentil loaf? I'm baking it tomorrow - cant wait xxx

I am having it tomorrow as well Elle. The pizza was so big I am finishing it off tonight on top of a pile of cauliflower.

The pizza chicken is gorgeous too! x

Yes I have I had it with turkey fillets and it is delicious and the bonus is Paul loved it too and did not realise it was an SW meal.

I love trying new things.

Has anyone got a recipe for a dopiaza dish that is SW friendly ??? I love Indian food but it is so fattening. I must get the book of curry recipes.

Last edited:
My first attempt at smash pizza!!! Chicken,bacon,mushrooms,chillies,jalapeños,
Morzzerlla and chilli passata base :) serves with Cajun smash wedges :)

Attachments

• image-1221705442.jpg
    image-1221705442.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 69
Looks scrummy, my mouth is watering .

There was a Dopiaza recipe in the takeaway supplement of the mag, I'm at work at mo but I will copy it for you tomorrow evening..

I did however find another recipe that looks better ill see if I can find it again now.

BTW Dopiaza means 'two onions' as you add onions cooked two ways x

ETA: the recipe I liked is this http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-dopiaza-126582 you can substitute the oil for frylight or use a HEB in EV olive oil (not authentic but needs must) if using FL go careful not to burn the spices. The onions can have a little water added to aid softening.

Just to add texture I also like to thinly slice onions spread on a baking tray spray with FL and roast until crispy and top your curry with it.

Hope that helps x

Last edited:
Don't know of a dopiaza recipe but the curry heaven book has got some lovely recipes in it x

Thanks Emsie. I will definitley get it.

There was a Dopiaza recipe in the takeaway supplement of the mag, I'm at work at mo but I will copy it for you tomorrow evening..

I did however find another recipe that looks better ill see if I can find it again now.

BTW Dopiaza means 'two onions' as you add onions cooked two ways x

ETA: the recipe I liked is this Chicken Dopiaza Recipe - Food.com - 126582 you can substitute the oil for frylight or use a HEB in EV olive oil (not authentic but needs must) if using FL go careful not to burn the spices. The onions can have a little water added to aid softening.

Just to add texture I also like to thinly slice onions spread on a baking tray spray with FL and roast until crispy and top your curry with it.

Hope that helps x

I did know it means onions 2 ways Shirleen I am a dopiaza nut. The 2 ways are the sauce is an onion based sauce and the meat or veg if having vegetarian has onions as well.

I am going to look at that recipe now and I will use 6 syns of sunflower oil cos somethings just are not the same without.

I have the Dec. mag.but haven't had time to even open it yet. Is the takeaway supplement in that.............hang on I can go and look.

hugs xxx

Thanks for that im not a big lover of smash but ill give it a try

Thanks for the recipe! - Hoping to try it tomorrow, after group (when Husband tends to get a pizza for tea!).

What temperature do you need the oven to be?

Thanks!

Hi Lonestitcher, I cooked it in a hot oven and cooked the base on it's own first until it was very crispy. I had the oven at about 180 . Mine is a fan assisted oven.

I promise you it was lovely and I had some of what was left in an omelet, for me an omelet is the perfect vehicle for leftovers and some on top of a pile of cauliflowers and cabbage with hex b of cheese for dins last night. So not just tasty but economical too lol !!

Never used smash, didn't know it was free, I'll definitely be trying that! Thanks for the recipe!

Here you go fillymum:-

Chicken Dopiaza -serves 4 and is free on ee

1 large onion, chopped
1 level tsp ground ginger
3–4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 level tsp ground turmeric
1 level tsp ground cumin
1 level tsp ground coriander
¼ – ½ tsp chilli powder (depending on your taste)
1 can chopped tomatoes
900g chicken breasts, grilled and sliced - or I just cut into bite sized chunks and brown using frylight
170ml warm water
2 cinnamon sticks, broken up, or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cardamom pods, split open
2 whole cloves
2 dried bay leaves
salt, to taste
1 large onion, sliced
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander

Put the chopped onion, ginger and garlic in a blender, and blend until smooth. Add a little water if necessary.

Dry fry this mixture over a medium heat for 4–5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander and chilli powder - cook for another 4–5 minutes.

Add a small amount of tomato juice from the canned tomatoes to the mixture, and when the juice has evaporated, add the chicken. You now add the water, cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves, bay leaves, salt and tomatoes(with remaining juice).

Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently, covered, until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked. I usually remove the bay leaves, but you don't have to.

Dry fry the sliced onion(this is your onion done the 2nd way)until soft and add to the chicken mixture. Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander leaves and serve with rice.

Brilliant thank you so much !!!!

Very appreciated.

I am not eating meat at present so will substitute the chicken with a substantial and free vegetable like cauliflower or sweet potatoes........oh yum !!!

Brilliant thank you so much !!!!

Very appreciated.

I am not eating meat at present so will substitute the chicken with a substantial and free vegetable like cauliflower or sweet potatoes........oh yum !!!

Silly me I have quorn chicken fillets in the freezer !!!

Perfics !!!

Think I'll be trying this Smash Pizza!

Back