Toning Tables

JEM

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
I've joined a new gym and have just spent an hour on various toning tables - does anyone know if they actually work or am I wasting my time??!! Was very relaxing if nothing else :p

Jem x

Hi Hun!
Long time no 'speak'..... hope life is good for you.... see your status says your in love - so it must be good....!!!

I used toning tables before I got married (have also used them since)..... they do work..... trim the inches off as long as you use them regular....

They are my kind of exercise too..... just lie there and it does if for you!!!

In fact I've got an assessment for a scheme through the docs called something like 'Get Active' ..... I thought it was just gym stuff but the lady called today to book appt for assessment and said it would be a case of finding out what I like/dislike and things like toning tables included... yay..... it's free too (I think????!!! - doc said it was!)

Chat soon....

Hi Hun!
Long time no 'speak'..... hope life is good for you.... see your status says your in love - so it must be good....!!!

I used toning tables before I got married (have also used them since)..... they do work..... trim the inches off as long as you use them regular....

They are my kind of exercise too..... just lie there and it does if for you!!!

In fact I've got an assessment for a scheme through the docs called something like 'Get Active' ..... I thought it was just gym stuff but the lady called today to book appt for assessment and said it would be a case of finding out what I like/dislike and things like toning tables included... yay..... it's free too (I think????!!! - doc said it was!)

Chat soon....

Hey lovely lady :D

Long time no speak indeed! How's life treating you?

The instructor told me to work against the table to get the most out of them - when I did that I could really feel it working but still not so sure it will cure my wobbly mince pie ass!!! It was going to be in addition to the gym and some kickboxing so I might keep up with it, can't do any harm!

There was an older lady on one of the other tables and she said she came there to have some peace and quiet from her husband and said she often fell asleep......I was lying there minding my own business, bottom ajiggling and there was an almighty thud....she'd fallen asleep and fallen off the table :eek: she got up and said "not to worry dear, it happens all the time" :p

All is well in my world, not much to report really. Are you going to Brum? I'm trying to convince Karen to go for one night.

We need to catch up properly....soon!

Jem xx

By the way, you are looking totally gorgeous in your avitar :D

There was an older lady on one of the other tables and she said she came there to have some peace and quiet from her husband and said she often fell asleep......I was lying there minding my own business, bottom ajiggling and there was an almighty thud....she'd fallen asleep and fallen off the table :eek: she got up and said "not to worry dear, it happens all the time" :p

Jem xx

:D:D:D I just nearly spat my hot choc tetra over the computer at that one!!!:D:D:D

How spooky was just searching this to reply - as read late last night and was too tired to reply then....!!! If I'd have given it 5 mins it would have been at the top of the new posts...:rolleyes:

Yup I fair larfed at the poor old dear falling off the table.... bless hope she didn't break anything.....lol!

Be nice to see you if you can make it to Brum.... I'm only going Saturday night....

Thanks for the comp about the pic - was when I'd lost weight before so that's what I'm aspiring to again....:rolleyes:

Take care

Just what i was looking for Im thinking about using these Toning tables from tomorrow.!

Any advice on them please, ive read some good comments as well as some off putting ones too.!

I do plan to pay monthly so will use it very often indeed.!

Thanx xx

i used them for 3 weeks , 3 times a week.. and lost 1 stone 2lbs within the month and 20 + 1/4 inches combined from all over. =D

:O

i used them for 3 weeks , 3 times a week.. and lost 1 stone 2lbs within the month and 20 + 1/4 inches combined from all over. =D

i was just reading these posts and realised your weight loss...can i just say i think its amazing. you must be proud! well done xxx

(i know that is really random)

Hey

My husband is a fitness instructor and always says that the toning tables are good if you are completely new to exercise, you have mobility problems or a specific injury which could be helped by gentle supported exercise on the tables BUT you need to use them properly if you want to get any benefit out of them.

I'm not saying 'no pain no gain' or anything but if you can manage to fall asleep while doing the 'exercise' then I am not sure you are going to see much weight loss or toning!

Perhaps start out with the toning tables but start to introduce other types of exercise as soon as you feel ready. A mixture of cardio (anything which gets your heart going and makes you feel a little breathless) and some resistance or weight work (which you may still get breathless doing, but is exercise more designed to tone your muscles - sit-ups, weight machines, squats, carrying heavy shopping bags back from the sales . . . !)

Don't want to put you off but I hope this helps.

what is a toning table ?

over a stone in weight somebody said they lost there .. i go to the gym 5 days a week and have no idea what it is or maybe its callled something else in my gym .

The way I see it, to lose any weight or tone up muscle, you have to work against a toning table. They will mobilise stiff joints but if you just lie back then you won't be burning any calories. There's no easy way to lose weight!

Back