Tonsilitis

Charli2019

Hey guys,
I'm feelin really sorry for myself at the moment as I think I've got to tonsillitis, can barely swallow but I'm so hungry!
Anyone got any tips on food that will make me feel better that's easy to eat?
Thanks

Have warm milk and honey. This will make your throat better within a short time and then you can eat hopefuly.

The SW chunky minestrone soup is yummy, and easy to eat. Its got potatoes and veg in, but if you chop it into little pieces it should be easy to swallow. Otherwise, for convenience, and the nice cold feel on your throat, I eat yoghurt.

Soup! The website has a lovely leek and potato soup that is smooth so goes down really well.

Oh I do sympathise! I've just recovered from this! Lived off sugar free jelly, soup, porridge, yoghurts. And the best thing that the dr recommended to me was to dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a cup of boiling water add a little bit on lemon the top it up with cold water so it's warm. Have them frequently throughout the day! Dr said it's better than having things such as strepsils! Hope you feel better quick x

Thanks for all the advise! Im gunna try having a muller light, and I've got some kiwis that look soft. Gunna instruct the boyfriend on how to make me some soup for dinner, see how that goes!
Def will be having some honey and lemon if it's better than strepsills too x

Buy stronger throat lozengers behind the pharmacy counter. Merocaine contain an anaesthetic that will numb your throat. They work so much better than strepsils!

Thanks for all the advise! Im gunna try having a muller light, and I've got some kiwis that look soft. Gunna instruct the boyfriend on how to make me some soup for dinner, see how that goes!
Def will be having some honey and lemon if it's better than strepsills too x

Hehe...love how you're going to 'instruct' him on how to make soup! My OH would need to go back to basics..."now you need to take this thing that looks like a bowl with a long handle...it's called a saucepan..."

Hope you feel better soon :)

I've had mine out in January. Worst pain ever but soooo glad I did it. Hope you get better soon xxx

Back