Tonsillitis & Antibiotics on SnS

lyndzi76

Gold Member
Hi All, looking for abit of advise. Felt naff for as bout 4 days, gave in today and went to the doctors. I have tonsillitis & have been put on antibiotics and anti inflammatory tablets.

What should I do diet wise? x x

lyndzi76 said:
Hi All, looking for abit of advise. Felt naff for as bout 4 days, gave in today and went to the doctors. I have tonsillitis & have been put on antibiotics and anti inflammatory tablets.

What should I do diet wise? x x

I'd say stick to it, but maybe speak to S&S directly??
Hope you're better soon x

That's a shame, hope you feel better soon. Maybe you should ask your pharmacist if it's ok? If it were me I'd take a probiotic supplement at the same time just to make not to run into digestion problems :)

Thanks, think I'll drop SnS an email. Feeling so sorry for myself at the moment, I need to snap out of it.

It's important that you eat food with your antibiotics. You should be fine though if you time your oacks around when you take the tablets and perhaps to the 3 pack plus protein option.

Maybe not, I would ask S & S as the absorption of the drugs is usually based on food before or after the dosage. I am taking anti inflammatories for my shoulder and am having a problem with retaining fluid, but apparently thats a known side effect so don't freak out if you get a shock on the scales

also anti inflammatories can cause stomach ulcers and problem with the stomach if taken on an empty stomach which is one reason you are advised not to take them when on a VLCD

Nice to see you over here too Mrs!!

Yes I take them after my S & S evening meal to avoid empty tummy problem

Not had a reply off SnS yet but spoke to my pharmacist and she thinks I should up my calories to 1200 calories per day with a healthy balance if carbs and protein.

If anyone has been given other advice in the past please share x

...but spoke to my pharmacist and she thinks I should up my calories to 1200 calories per day with a healthy balance if carbs and protein.

Did she explain the rationale behind that..?

I'd be tempted to continue & did through a horrible cold (but the lozenges were having an impact on ketosis I think!) with advice like people have given for antibiotics + anti-inflammatories with food packs etc. & if anything the food packs seem quite easy for sore throats! :p
If I felt awful then might up the pack numbers to increase the calories or if really really awful (fevers, big glands up in the neck etc.) then maybe come off plan for defined period of time.

Guinevere said:
Did she explain the rationale behind that..?

I'd be tempted to continue & did through a horrible cold (but the lozenges were having an impact on ketosis I think!) with advice like people have given for antibiotics + anti-inflammatories with food packs etc. & if anything the food packs seem quite easy for sore throats! :p
If I felt awful then might up the pack numbers to increase the calories or if really really awful (fevers, big glands up in the neck etc.) then maybe come off plan for defined period of time.

All she said was to fight an infection & with these meds that would be the optimum amount of calories.

But I've decided as I'm feeling much better already and my temperature has come right down I'm going to do 4 packs.

I had to come off plan a few months back (on a failed restart) as I had an operation which meant I needed cocodamol and anti inflams. Had to eat for the plain reason that if I didn't I would have thrown up as they we're really harsh for me

Determinator, how's it going with your mix and mish? I'm doing it to, it's nerve racking seeing the cals build up so quickly with exante packs being 200 each- got to love those bars tho!

15 lost : 52 to goal

I had to come off plan a few months back (on a failed restart) as I had an operation which meant I needed cocodamol and anti inflams. Had to eat for the plain reason that if I didn't I would have thrown up as they we're really harsh for me

Determinator, how's it going with your mix and mish? I'm doing it to, it's nerve racking seeing the cals build up so quickly with exante packs being 200 each- got to love those bars tho!

I'm doing 3 S & S and 1 exante per day to keep my carbs below 55 ( the oatmeal is really low), this includes my veggies and calories around 650, so far working well and desperate to get rid of the Exante sachets, but I've paid for them now so kinda have to use them!! One thing that is really striking is the insane amount of salt and sugar in the Exante packs, S & S is much healthier

^^^^ haven't even looked at the sugar or salt!

Can't wait to get rid of my exante, although I did throw out my tom soups today, there's just no need for torture these days!

Back