Too large for dental sedation eek!

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
My dental practice refered me for a sedation clinic to have root canal done under my crown and my jaw is very small so it helps if im put asleep as had to have it done a lot when a kid, also my pain thresh hold is very low so drf need it,

So they phone me, talk me through it, go through the dates, take my height ....... Thrn the dreaded weight question......... Erm im sorry i need to stop you right there thd lady says, im afraid you are too overweight to have sedation telling me if i think i can lose 1.2stone in 4 weeks she can still book it or i will need to go bck to dentist paying yet another fee to be refered again whrn ive list the weight grrrrr!

Why did thry refer me if they new i was larger anyway, could have saved me the embarresment lol

Anyway its made me more determined to lose more weight as i cant be doing with this tooth/crown going bad and falling out as its part of my smile :) and dont want to lose my smile lol its what makes me me :)

Anyone else had similar incident happen? Did it hrlp make u more determined? X

There the only two dentists in my area that are taking patients on at the mo so dtuck with them lok my dentist practice font do sedations thsts why they refered me to the one that has turned me down x will just have to wait and hope my tooth is ok intil ive shifted the weight x

Back