Too many carbs?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Becca Wecca, 1 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It seems with green days and EE you are able to eat plenty of carbs. Rice, Pasta, Potatoes as well as bread etc for hex. Does anyone find that this affects their weight loss? does too many carbs slow it down? because i always thought it did. :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vikstar

vikstar Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(12.1%)
    Diet:
    SW
    So far I've been ok eating lots of carbs, but I guess they affect different people in different ways! X

4. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think if you follow the 1/3 superfree with every meal, it is unlikely you would overindulge in carbs. It tends to balance it out I think.

I do mostly extra easy and it doesnt seem to affect my weight loss.

I try to get as many healthy carbs in my diet as possible. This means I choose wholewheat pasta/rice over normal pasta etc, where possible. Sometimes I have been lucky neough to find wholewheat couscous as well. I also tend to leave the skin on my potatoes when making things like sw chips etc for the extra fibre. Little tweaks like this can make quite a difference.

Of course at the same time, when intaking a lot of fibre you also need to make sure you are drinking plenty of fluid. i.e. water or a sugar free drink of some sort.

5. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I started off switching between Red and Greens and now I mostly do Greens as they seem to fill me up, but it has not slowed up my loss.

6. minn_82

minn_82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only do green days and find that the carbs fill me up and ive had good losses since the start. I also find carbs more satisfying in general.

7. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

Green days are fine for me. However, when it does come to weigh in day I try to be light with what I eat!!!

8. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh good. I love filling meals like rice and pasta! I've made sure i've had plenty of veg with it, and had some fruit after as well. Just wanted to double check :)

9. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I eat a lot of carbs and I also eat a lot of meat, but I also eat a lot of veg which is why EE suits me perfectly.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.