Extra Easy Too Much Free Food?

mackie_89

Hi everyone ,

Been on Slimming world for about 2 Weeks and doing OK but this is my first post so go easy :D

My question is can you eat too much free food ? I was in the works canteen the other day and one of my colleagues (Who is also doing slimming world) was asking what I was having which was 2 Mug Shots and some Fruit , To which they replied "cum on seriously" . I personally didn't think that there was anything wrong as it was the Syn Free variety but they were of the opinion that I shouldn't have been "abusing" the free food term

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I met target in December 2012 and have since maintained my weight through exercise.

I want to reduce my target by 7lbs but have found it hard to lose any more weight.

I had to take a hard look at what I was consuming and I came to the conclusion that although I was following SW 100%, I was just eating more than I actually needed!!

I've been logging my calories for a few days to see what I eat on a normal day and this has helped me to make more adjustments.

Personally I think that is fine - no worse than having say boiled eggs, free yogurts etc etc to bulk it out. Sounds ok to me :)

Do they follow slimming world and know the plan? Answers probably no, so just don't listen to them lol. It's a rule that you should only trust a slimming worlder when it comes to dieting!

Agree with everyone above. My consultant says eat free and superfree until you're full and satisfied. If you need to have two Mugshots and some fruit then there's nothing wrong with that. It's the results on the scales and what you see in the mirror that matters, not others' opinions as far as I'm concerned. Good luck with the plan x

Sounds fine to me - there's not much in a mugshot anyway, I work with people that have them as a 'starter' an hour before a main meal and they still lose a good amount that week.

I think the most important thing is your superfree - so eat your fruit first, then one mugshot, and if you still want the other, go ahead, its free! I regularly eat some of the batchelor's savory rice & supernoodles (ususally stir fried with veg) and it doesn't affect my loss.

I personally don't think 2 mugshots and fruit is a lot to eat anyway. Would fill me up much less than say a jacket potato and beans from the canteen. Go ahead - you are following the plan 100%

Thanks for all your input , Makes me feel a lot more relaxed about things . I will definitely try the fruit in-between the mug shots to see if in fact I do need that second one right away or be able to keep it for a snack later on . Thanks again ;-)

Back