Extra Easy Too much fruit??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by MrsFatBum, 21 January 2014.

1. MrsFatBum

MrsFatBum Well-Known Member

Im a lil curious as a fellow SW member at work has said that I am eating too much fruit. Can that be right?

Im eating a medium sized tupperware box of cut up fruit so for example today i had a quarter of a honeydew melon, 6 strawberries, a handful of grapes, 1 clementine and 1 banana.... This is throughout the whole day.

I dnt think thats too much fruit but he seems to think thats the reason why i gained 2lbs last week.
  2. Happy Hippo

Happy Hippo A 'potamus on a budget

Ignore him!

In fact, eat much more fruit than that!
  3. Barbette

Barbette Well-Known Member

I eat more fruit than that every day and it has never stopped me losing, carry on eating it :) x
  4. It's certainly possible to eat too much of just about anything, but that's definitely NOT too much! Sounds lovely, in fact.
  5. slimjimwannabe

slimjimwannabe Well-Known Member

That would be my breakfast!! I eat way more than that!! X it is def not too much x
  6. lickthelid

lickthelid Lives here....

I agree. I would eat 1/3 fresh pineapple, big handful if grapes and a large banana just for breakfast. That's on top of a large apple with my lunch. Beyond that my superfree tends to be veg but what you describe is NOT too much. If it was you would be on the loo all day!! Although fruit has more natural sugar than veg I can't imagine its physically possible to eat too much, except maybe bananas? Even then that would be so filling you would stop before it became too much of an issue.
  7. green eyed monster

green eyed monster Well-Known Member

hes talking out of his bum.

your fruit box sounds yummy. x
  8. Roziee

Roziee Well-Known Member

the fruit in the sugar can cause weight gain, it has happened to me when I've eaten A LOT of fruit... But you're not eating a lot off fruit...

Do you drink enough water? replace some of your teas/coffee with peppermint tea to ensure you're getting rid of any bloating and excess water. And if you're bowel movements aren't regular that could be a cause too.
  9. lmirbop

lmirbop Member

I have a whole melon every morning, and I've lost 3 stone in as many months :)
  10. ariescat

ariescat Well-Known Member

Your fruit box DOES sound yummy! And, as other posters have said, it's definitely NOT too much fruit - fill your boots! :)
  11. MrsFatBum

Thank you for clarifying that people. I felt a bit stupid asking but thought id better double check. I dnt drink tea or coffee just water really so i know thats not an issue. Ive got my weigh in tomorrow n i will be telling the lady what he said coz he goes to see her but on a different day.
  12. Barbette

Barbette Well-Known Member

Good luck for your WI tomorrow x
  13. Berryred

Berryred Well-Known Member

I eat lots of fruit but also eat lots of veggies as snacks too to keep the sugar from fruit levels down :)

Good luck in your weigh in x
  14. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

No. Most definitely not. Fruit will not be the cause of your gain.
    It says nothing in your books about restricting fruit intake.
  15. Sarahslimming

Sarahslimming Well-Known Member

This is something worrying me also, as I am aware fruits can contain a lot of sugar. But while ever I'm still losing I'm still going to eat as much as I fancy, I guess the sugar in fruit would be far less than that in a choc bar or something else naughty I'd say fill your boots :D
  16. jules1981

jules1981 Well-Known Member

Sounds like its fine to me, good luck with weigh in. xxx
  17. MrsFatBum

Well i stayed the same! But showed her my food diaries and she said they were really really good and im definitely not eating too much fruit. Hopefully i'll lose some next week!
  18. Sarahslimming

Fingers crossed for you! I'm going to try more fruit with SS next to it this week hoping that will give me an extra boost x
  19. StarvingPoet

StarvingPoet Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see this program allows for fruit because that's my favorite food group. :)
  20. Sarahslimming

Me too! And I'm rubbish with eating veg so I get the option of just eating more fruit. Too many diets say that the sugar in fruit is bad for ou and it drives me insane!!