Too much protein??

Tracy P

Is that possible? I'm eating loads of butter and oily fish to compensate. Its just I'm lovin' my protein shakes (with water) and fancied having another during the day as a 'treat'. Can you stall by having too much protein/shakes?

Thanks.

Hi Tracy. How many carbs are in your shakes, babes? I would think this would be ok as long on these day you have a lower carb evening meal. So thats, B= shake. L= shake/soup. D= v low carb dinner. Snack= shake

Im sure will be fine. Your 5"8 and on C/D diet ur allowed 4 shakes being 5"9 and over which ur not far off, babes. If in doubt, ask Jim, Jim hunni

Woofy X

Thanks woofy!

My shakes are 1.87 carbs each. I was thinking of having a shake for brekkie, veggie/chicken soup or salmon for lunch and then veggies+meat for dinner then another shake just as a pud. So it does follow what you're suggesting :) Its just when the kids are eating ice cream and tiramisu I'm feeling like I'm missing out :(

I used to have loads of sugar free jellies but i think they are full of artificial sweetners so not very good.

Tracy

I'm not sure if you can stall by having too much protein, Atkins does say don't eat until your over full, or stuffed as I'd say. I suppose only a weigh in would let you know for sure Tracy.

Yea, I hear you Jim. I'm going to resort to the shakes only when a) I just don't have the tie or b) when I'm needing a chocolate fix.

Back