Too much Smoked Salmon?

MrsHop

Hi Everyone,

End of day three now and everything is going well. Just make some crunchy ginger oatbran cookies-oh my! :D
Anyway, I LOVE smoked salmon and could eat it all day everyday. I know its protein but I've got a niggling feeling that I shouldn't eat too much because of the salt content.

What is the advice?

Yummmmm, I love it too and, to be honest, I wouldn't worry about it unless/until your weight loss starts to stall a bit.

Enjoy! :D

P x

Hi Everyone,

End of day three now and everything is going well. Just make some crunchy ginger oatbran cookies-oh my! :D
Anyway, I LOVE smoked salmon and could eat it all day everyday. I know its protein but I've got a niggling feeling that I shouldn't eat too much because of the salt content.

What is the advice?

Hello there Mrs Hop, pleased you are enjoying Dukan. I'm also a newbie Dukaneer and although I cannot help re the smoked salmon I wondered if you could help me in letting me in on the secret for those delicous sounding crunchy ginger oakbran cookies ....yum yum LOL!! I too enjoy the smoked salmon esp for breakfast or brunch with scrambled egg and so will be interested to hear when enough is enough. Tks, Saska :)

Ooooo exactly what i was thinking.......ginger cookies.......Mmmmmmm....

I like smoked salmon too.
It did not stop me to loose weight at all.
I drink green tea when I feel that's too much salt for me....

Hi,
Recipe for Ginger Cookies is as follows.
Ingreditents:

• 3 tablespoons of oatbran
  • 2 tablespoons of sweetener
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla yoghurt
  • 1/2 the egg white from 1 egg
  • 3 drops of vanilla essence
Method:

1. Preheat your oven to 180C
  2. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a spoon - it should not be too runny
  3. Spoon out 2 - 3 cookies on a baking tray
  4. Cook for 12-15 mins, eat hot for soft cookies or let cool for crunchy

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, can they be dunked?????

I found at the start that I was eating alot of smoked salmon, absolutely adore the stuff. Had to cut down as was retaining water from too much salt. I retain water easily so it was a bit of a concern for me but if you don't and are losing weight I wouldn't worry about it and scoff away.. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs = yum :)

I too love smoked salmon but have very rarely bought it, but asda do the salmon trimmings on their fish fridge, 90p a packet and it does two meals for me. The other day I had half a pack in a tub of cottage cheese and OMG it was fabulous. I have deliberatly not made it again because I want to have lots of diffeent foods but its calling my name.

Thank you so much for the ginger recipes, I too was thinking YUM when I first read it.

The only thing my mum said the other day is that on PV days not to have salmon because of its oil content, but to have it on PP days. She's just bought the Lifeplan ??? book for Dukan and I think she read it in there.

Salmon is fine in Cruise but Dr D does say not to have it on PP days in Stab (and Conso too I think).

Fill your boots! :D

P x

Back