Top reasons for leaving Cd?( and how to avoid them)

Right! Now we need some strategies to overcome these negatives so that they don't result in anyone leaving or getting sabotaged.
Here's one to start:
For those people who warn about the dire consequences of following a VLCD and the damage it will do - don't forget that you are doing this with the knowledge of your doctor - many medical professionals recommend VLCDs, and Cambridge has been around for years. Surely if it was dangerous it would have been stopped by now?
There will always be the odd case of 'I read this somewhere.....' or ' a friend of a friend said....' but I think you just have to smile and say 'Thanks for that, I'll ask my counsellor/doctor about it'.
Here's another:
'You'll put the weight straight back on.....' the success of a weight loss plan depends on the individual rather than the type of diet. If anyone goes back to eating 'normally' they will revert back to the size they were before the diet - that happens for ALL types of weight loss plans. The management and stabilisation of the CD steps if followed properly helps to counteract this, although any weight loss plan should be seen as a definite change to life-long eating, not just something you follow for 6 months and expect to stick at your target with no further effort.
Any more?

Oh gosh I really dislike compliments, I feel exposed and intruded upon and i get angry:mad: especially since I have not finished, I kinda wish folk would keep comments and compliments to themselves..even strangers feel its ok to scream arghhhhhhhhhhhh you've LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT..like when did it become their business:confused:

Bella

Me too. I feel all vulnerable and like everyone's analysing me based on how I look.

Finances may effect me when the tax rebate I'm using to fund my CD runs out. It is expensive for me, and for some reason the food bill isn't any less with me not eating.

For me, I "only" had 1st to go and my head just wasn`t in it, So I decided to give myself a break (this was in July).

I had hospital last month as I am trying to achieve funding from the NHS for a TT and they weighed me in as 11st 11lbs :cry: which is a gain of about 5.5lbs :( Not bad I spose as I have been eating a LOT of crap :rolleyes: lol

I need a BMI under 25 for surgery and currently it is 27, So here I am, Back to 810 plan to finally lose that last stone and a bit extra to balance out any small gains I may have before my next hospital appt in June x

Right! Now we need some strategies to overcome these negatives so that they don't result in anyone leaving or getting sabotaged.

Strategies-

maybe have a good long talk think with ones self, really know why you are doing this beyond the weight loss

remind yourself that it can be over really quick if you focus

set up a simple structure to keep you focused in the one day- like signing in too the one and only minimins, filling a diary talking to a buddy, just something to remind you of the name of the game

avoid foodie friends and foodie situations were possible

do not keep tempting foods around and do not cook YOUR fav dish for a friend/hubby/sig- other when you know you can't have any unless you have a will of steel

throw away the kids left overs- its not wasteful,its smart.

Bella

For me, I "only" had 1st to go and my head just wasn`t in it, So I decided to give myself a break (this was in July).

x

well done Sacred Silence on how much you have lost so far. 80% of my head is in it and 20 % is not and that means I stall alot but the momentum is forward. Its certainly a mind and spirit issue so i am gently investigating what the issue is with the 20% that will not come on board so far.

Bella

Me too. I feel all vulnerable and like everyone's analysing me based on how I look.

Finances may effect me when the tax rebate I'm using to fund my CD runs out. It is expensive for me, and for some reason the food bill isn't any less with me not eating.

I think the UK CD is about 40 pounds for a weeks supply and if I take only CD then my out goings a week are really low except for Starbucks. The cost in dollars for a tin ( weeks supply) is about 24 pounds.... I know it can get pricey if one is still also spending on food...how does that happen unless one is doing 810?

Bella

well done Sacred Silence on how much you have lost so far. 80% of my head is in it and 20 % is not and that means I stall alot but the momentum is forward. Its certainly a mind and spirit issue so i am gently investigating what the issue is with the 20% that will not come on board so far.

Bella

Thankyou x I think I lost about a stone and a half on 810 plan (lost the rest in various ways over the last 2 yrs) but stopped just a stone off of my goal :( :sigh:

I wish I knew why I sabotage myself too :( If I had just kept going that bit longer I would be diet free by now. But I know if my head isn`t in it, I will stuff up and end up beating myself up for it so I decided the best option was to take a break.

Good luck with your journey Xxx

Back