• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Top Tips for Dukan

LVLLM

Gold Member
C: 11st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 25.3
Would be good if we could share some top tips for dukanners old and new :D

1) preparation :- i always have a daily food planner i fill out so i know what im eating every day (im that organised I know what im eating up to a week on sunday). this means I dont forget to take things out of the freezer, know what i need from shops and make sure i get my ob in each day. (if anyone would like a copy of blank one i made ill email it )

2) exercise - make sure you get in your prescribed exercise each day and if you cant do your walk find another exercise for 30 mins

3) marinades - if you are getting bored marinade marinade marinade!!!

4) come on this site for inspiration, motivation and some a** kicking if required ;)

over to you now peeps :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
S: 76kg C: 66.3kg G: 64kg BMI: 22.9 Loss: 9.7kg(12.77%)
Nice one! Good idea.

Exercise: remember that you can / must (as per book) always take the stairs now and give the lifts and escalators a miss. This nicely bumps up your exercise quota if you're having trouble fitting in a walk of suitable length into your day somewhere.

LVLLM

Gold Member
yey - forgot about that! thanks :D

alottolose

Gold Member
S: 82.1kg G: 66.7kg
Drink water WITH meals and generally as if you were a fish! :)...

Eat Asparagus the night before weigh in (if on cruise)

Don't buy anything non-dukan (if it's not there, you can't eat it!)

LVLLM

Gold Member
does the asparagus thing really work then?

jaqys

Gold Member
S: 18st7lb G: 10st7lb
Keep emergency tins around and some straight from the freezer options.

Keep reading the book and here.

I cant face the (6 flights of) stairs when I get in from work or if I'm carrying groceries on the weekend. Do people who live in high rises really walk up all the time when on dukan.

LVLLM

Gold Member
ah ok :D

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
S: 76kg C: 66.3kg G: 64kg BMI: 22.9 Loss: 9.7kg(12.77%)
I cant face the (6 flights of) stairs when I get in from work or if I'm carrying groceries on the weekend. Do people who live in high rises really walk up all the time when on dukan.
You're supposed to take the stairs for the REST OF YOUR LIFE....

You could gradually stagger it - take the lift to 4th and walk, a week later to 3 etc etc? I only have 3 floors to do at work, and that's do-able (force of habit, I have always walked it...). I don't get much walking done when at work (30 mins at lunchtime) but I cycle everywhere. Use my car for the weekly shop only.

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
S: 15st3lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 1st6lb(9.39%)
Ice cubes ... or frozen yogurts. I fill my glass with ice cubes - then add water and crunch crunch slurp crunch!!

jaqys

Gold Member
S: 18st7lb G: 10st7lb
Beverly that sounds good, I was reading the ice-cubes, cold shower, cold food bit again this morning.

I lost loads of weight when travelling, I put it down to walking loads but clearly it was the months of cold showers :D Not something I'm about to experiment with though.

LVLLM

Gold Member
i do the cold shower thing :D

S: 11st7lb C: 10st8lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 26.2 Loss: 0st13lb(8.07%)
Ah, and my lifesaver: Always carry around a packet of Fridge Raiders - little flavored chicken bits. They've bailed me out several times. Especially when I am travelling (hard to get Dukan friendly stuff on the road).

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
S: 15st3lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 1st6lb(9.39%)
I've invested in a small cool bag ..... in which I can pack prawns, hard boiled eggs, chicken legs, frozen mullers .... looks like it's going to be a "picnic" summer for me!!!

sona1980

Gold Member
S: 15st5.2lb C: 14st13.4lb G: 10st3.3lb BMI: 38.3 Loss: 0st5.8lb(2.7%)
wow this is great! hmm duno what i can add u guys are on it like a car bonnet!! hehe

LVLLM

Gold Member
lol i love that saying!!!

sona1980

Gold Member
S: 15st5.2lb C: 14st13.4lb G: 10st3.3lb BMI: 38.3 Loss: 0st5.8lb(2.7%)
aim to please...
no hassle in the castle! lol

S: 9st7lb C: 8st13lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 20.2 Loss: 0st8lb(6.02%)
I discovered that the Asda budget smoked salmon (the one in the green and white packet) is EXACTLY the same as their Extra Special smoked salmon, they are the same price even, except you get 200g of the budget one as opposed to 100g of the Extra Special stuff!