Top tips on tackling takeaway weekend?!

MissPreston

Hi guys does anyone have any top tips on resisting the dreaded takeaway temptation on the weekend, its the same every time I think ive finally got a weekend off work lets make it worth while!:rolleyes: but ive lost 6lbs and I really dont want to ruin my progress

Any good alternatives for weekend rewards that dont pile on the pounds?:)

xxxx

weekends are the nemesis, I don't think I could handle them without some sort of let up.

Dare I say I find mon-fri relatively easy, work and plenty of it and running around with the kids

friday is the traditional pressure valve with a few beers and a curry...currently a big no-no!

Tips I have for staring down the weekend

1) Weigh on friday morning - hopefully you've had a good week and that will reinforce your resolve to not undo all that hard work
2) Grilled trimmed bacon and dry-fried or poached egg with a piece of toast works wonders on saturday morning
3) Munch carrots constantly, I even carry a sack of them in the car with a veg peeler, instant snack and I like them better than fruit
4) Get on the wagon - if you drink booze, your willpower will dissolve
5) Keep busy - plan your weekend, including walks (runs if you do them) on saturday night!
6) Go to bed early - the longer you stay up, the more you will think about the fridge
7) Learn to cook healthy alternatives of your favourite takeways
8) Aim to lose a pound between your friday weigh-in and your monday weigh-in
9) Give yourself a break with a mini treat - funsize mars etc
10) Remember you are only human and if you do wobble, it's not the end of the world and you haven't undone it all, just stepped off the track for a second. Get back on it!

good luck

I find chicken kebabs are less fattening (they dont show up as pounds at weigh ins - unlike fish and chips!) I often order a chicken salad from the kebab shop without the pita and a small chips.
I am usually really good all day Friday so I can indulge in a kebab and a few vodkas :)

there are some really low syn takeaway options funnily enough! belive it or not i was on SW a few months back and i lost 2lb and ate 3 takeaways that week, i got a low syn curry (lamb rogan josh 6.5 syns) boiled rice free, and a salad super free! if they doo tandorri chicken, its got no skin and is cooked in a clay oven so only about 3 syns in total, chinese would be beef in mushroom, 4.5 syns with boiled rice, or chicken chowmein 7.5 syns, you could always stick to a syn free home made dinner and use your syns for booze instead (that what i used to do) but belive me kebabs pizza and burgers are a no no! i put on loads of weight eating that crap! and i belive a chicken tikka starter is free or 1 syn, i did EE btw!

sorry i lost 1st with SW in total not just 2lb! lol

I have just had a Chinese takeaway I had Chicken & Mushrooms for 5.5 syns and Boiled Rice was free. Okay I didn't enjoy it as much as my usual Sweet & Sour Chicken in Batter and Fried Rice however it was really tasty and I feel very virtuous. At least I don't feel deprived it is just a case of making more sensible choices.

I had a chinese last night, im on slimming world and i had a beef with mushrooms (4.5) syns and a boiled rice which was free! I was stuffed and i really enjoy it. Dont not have something, just chose something healthier :)

I had a chinese on Friday, Chicken in Oyster Sauce, I believe that is 4.5 syns? with boiled rice, was just what I needed. And got plenty of exercise fighting to keep the cat out of it :) x

I've been buying the Innocent readymeal pots recently, or Sainsbury's do an own-brand version - they're vegetable curry and rice all mixed together in a tub, from 220 calories up to about 400, depending on which one you have. They're really filling portions too! They've got a Thai curry one, an Indian daal, a sweet and sour type thing, a jerk curry, etc. - loads of different things :)

You could always make up a takeaway style dinner, there's loads of curries you can make with SW recipes and with boiled rice, it'd only be a few Syns :)

make your own!

i start prepering during day or when get in so then i look forward to it...

heres a few i do. i made the first up, which is 1 of my favs,.

chicken chow mein style - stir fry noodle. wat veg you want. i make diet coke chicken(cut into chunks) then added to veg an noodles.
418701_10151256964500386_269262508_n.jpg

diet coke chicken on bed of veg. (can d
iet coke, 6 tbsp passata, splash worcester & soy sauce, 1 tsp chinese 5 spice, garlic clove (optional), 1 oxo cube) mix all together an simmer until sauce thickens)

7months old (93).jpg

sticky chicken, cheesy chips & salad (3 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp soy sauce) mix chicken with this leave for 30mins. then fry cook. serves 4. syns per serving - 2 red day & 2 on extra easy) ( this is from SW site)
DSCF3039.jpg

KFC style chicken. - chicken dipped in egg, then instant mash flakes. bake in oven until brown.
IMG_1554.jpg

SW kebab, cheesy chips and salad (http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...oner-kebab-recipe-tastes-like-real-thing.html)
IMG_1828.jpg

I usually have a chicken kebab from the chip shop but have sauces seperately then you can just add a little.

From the chinese I go for singapore rice noodles - less greasy than the egg noodles and quite a dry dish - no bad sauces

and tandoori mix from the indian as there is no oily sauce (especially good if your trying to cut out carbs a little despite the spicy coating)

Back