Torn...

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I know I'm around the minimins boards a lot & always battling with myself over what diet to do, and I'm aware I need to find one & stick with it but I'm just struggling on which diet to follow.. so I don't need any nonsense off anyone.

I've got lots of slim and save packs at home from previous attempts at the diet, and I'm torn between trying slim & save once more or just following calorie counting.

I attempted slim and save about a week ago, and what put me off was on my first day I came over feeling really unwell & nearly fainted in work which worried me. I don't wanna feel like that again, so I was wondering what I could do to combat that if the feeling comes again? I'd be following 3 packs a day with a protein meal.. so could I have some extra protein maybe?

Have 4 & protein or 5 hun get into the swing of things.

Go for it. No reason you should be faint or anything else

Have salt
Have a multivitamin
Plenty of water
Plenty of vegetables

You can do it Xx

RebekahR said:
Have 4 & protein or 5 hun get into the swing of things.

Go for it. No reason you should be faint or anything else

Have salt
Have a multivitamin
Plenty of water
Plenty of vegetables

You can do it Xx

I can't afford to do 4 packs a day which is why I've had to follow 3 packs.. so I'll have the recommended protein meal a day & if I do feel I need a little more then is extra protein ok? I'm not a vegetable fan either unfortunately! xx

I doubt that you feeling faint was because of S&S to be honest, you'd only just started it. It's probably more a coincidence. Stick to the plan completely and there shouldn't be any side effects like that at all. If you're doing 3 a day try to make sure you get the multi vitamin, that'll help a lot. If you ever feel like you need extra, go for protein as it's so low carb it won't affect your ketone levels and kick you out of ketosis.

If you have lots of S&S packs I reckon it's worth giving it a go again as you've got them already.

whats your job? Im on my feet all day and its often quite warm so I get tired and a bit faint at times, usually for me I need water and something to eat too, adding salt to food helps if you feel faint often.
Last time I was getting to my lowest weight, my blood pressure actually dropped from normal to low and I was advised to eat more salt (which was great!)

I eased myself on to the diet by using old exante packs (only did working solution for a short amount of time not total - this is my first VLCD) to cut down my calories first (my rule was that I could have one every 2-4 hours) - this really helped me get used to having less and not feeling hungry with it. I was used to having 1100-1200 kcals a day before I did my first 100% SnS day. I used to do this when getting on to ww too - the first day I would simply make myself count points (I found that immediately meant I ate less!), the second day I would aim to have a few less - by day 3/4 I found I could stick to my correct points without being too hungry. I like to ease myself on to these things! I honestly don't think I would have even managed one day on SnS if I hadn't have slowly weaned myself off standard food and cut the calories down before starting properly. Maybe worth considering doing something like this?

Make sure you're drinking plenty of water too, dehydration can leave you feeling a bit wobbly.

Back