Tortilla wraps as a Heb?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ~Lucky~, 22 July 2010 Social URL.

1. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Last night as part of the raffle my C had some Weight Watchers Tortilla Wraps (think they were wholemeal) and said that they could be used as a Heb. I've had a look on Lifeline Online today to see whether this was on a Red or Green day and couldn't find any anywhere. Has anyone heard of this or know which plan they're ok on?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ive never heard of this, but if its true - oh my gosh!! fajitas without wasting 15 syns on wraps hallelujah!! :D xx

4. missgalaxy

missgalaxy Yummy Mummy! xx

Start Weight:
    248lb
    Current Weight:
    248lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW!
    Ive never heared this either. Maybe ring your consultant and check??

I use iceburg lettuce now, instead of wraps and its lovely! Nice and crisp, hold everything in it and I dont feel like Im missing out on anything!!!

xx

5. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I don't think these are a B choice at all. They're not on the list on the SW website.

Not sure about some of the information consultants give out to be honest.....

7. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    What do they weigh each?

You can have 57g of any wholemeal bread as a HEX B as long as it isn't pitta bread

If they weight more, just cut some off (or syn the extra)

xxx

8. Trippetta23

Trippetta23 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(22.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World-Extra Easy
    I would ask your C about it. In the states we have several types of tortillas and wraps that can be used as a HB. The first groups here are in Texas and we practically rioted when tortillas weren't in the book anywhere since we use then all the time in tex-mex. They might have figured it out recently there and just not put it anywhere on the site since it is so new. We are given new HAs and Bs all the time.

9. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I mailed SW for Britmumin canada and they agreed to have tortillas as hexb.you could ask SW for a adefinitive answer.

10. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    wicked we have fajitas every friday its our fav!!!

11. Mrscush

Mrscush Woman on a mission!

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    woo woo - this is the best news!
    fajitas here i come..!

12. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    yep Louisedan contacted slimming world about some here in US/Canada for me. :)

They are really high fibre though, never seen so much fibre in any bread item, so I figure this is why they said I could use them as a HEb.

I would definately check with slimming world though before you start using the weight watchers tortilla wraps. As tortilla can have a lot of shocking ingredients in that could effect your weight loss if you start using them as a HEb and they are not.

Last edited: 25 July 2010
  13. BritMumInCanada

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey Trippetta,

Nice to see another slimming worlder over this side of the field.

I am in Canada and have been doing slimming world online for just over a year now.

I have a SW recipe blog called slimming eats.

I tried to message you, but you have got enough post yet, so you private messaging facility is not available yet.

I am just wondering what list of HEa and HEb's you get there in Texas and of any handy free foods you know about. I live close to the US, so can get a lot of food items from there. The lists available online on bodyoptimise for the US and Canada are very basic, so was wondering because you have meetings there is Texas, whether you get more info.

I am not sure how many posts you need to be able to private message me, but you can contact me through my blog if not.

Thanks

14. jules68

jules68 New Member

HEB tortilla and pitta

I don't know about the tortilla being a HE but you can use Asda's own brand wholemeal pitta bread as a HEB. Came into effect a few months ago and my consultant OK'd it.

15. Trippetta23

Trippetta23 Member

Start Weight:
    14st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(22.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World-Extra Easy
    Hi,
    I added you as a friend and went to your blog, which is fantastic btw, but I can't find a way to message or email you privately from there. It's either 20 or 50 post before I can private message, this one will make 9 for me, but I'm working on it.:)
    I'll be happy to share my list of HEs with you. I get them from the members section of the USA SW site, they update them as soon as they figure out new ones. It's going to take a while for them to figure out everything since so many foods are made differently in Britian from how they're made here. I am happy to help out anyway I can though.

16. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Word of warning - the asda pitta isn't a HEB any more. They discontinued them due to supplier problems and have recently introduced a new version which doesn't have enough fibre to count as a HEB.

17. BritMumInCanada

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you go onto any page on my blog, there should be an option to comment, just leave a message and I will be able to reply :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.