torture (food mentioned)

fatandfedup

Im on day 1 and my OH is in the kitchen cooking minted lamb burgers and they smell gorgeous :cry:.im tempted to just go lick the george forman but i wont obviously lol.and he just found some cadburys clusters in the cupboard and thought he would wave them around in front of me.will this torture never end lol.roll on my first weigh in on monday.
hows everyone else today?:)

Hang on in there! That's mean of him to wave the clusters around in front of you :(

Well done for resisting and just think only 6 more days till you wi and get a really nice surprise for staying 100%

i'm doing good today. focussed!!!

my OH seems to subconsciously sabotage me. like suggesting a kebab when he knows i can't resist and say no!

that's what happened last night :( but that was yesterday and this is today. new day, new start!!

well done for not licking the george foreman!!! x

slap him! thats not fair, he shuold be supporting you not tempting you! Well done for resisting tho :D it will all be worth it at the end of the week xxxx

i'm doing good today. focussed!!!

my OH seems to subconsciously sabotage me. like suggesting a kebab when he knows i can't resist and say no!

that's what happened last night :( but that was yesterday and this is today. new day, new start!!

well done for not licking the george foreman!!! x

aww bless yes today is a new day :D and i spose im relatively lucky that my bf id doing the diet with me... i do quite often have to give him a kick up the bum, and we are naughty occasionally but thats cos his thoughts are " we are gonna lose the weight whether we sitck to it 100% or have food, just might take a bit longer" bless him.

Also HOLIDAY in 5 days :D and we are AI so that means no cd then we will try our best to get back on ss/ss+ :)

men are stupid they dont see anything wrong with asking us if we want something or waving something around.he asked me if i wanted some toast a lil while ago.
only got 5 days amm451 i get weighed on monday

my OH keeps saying he doesn't like the idea of me not eating. it's not safe etc. etc.

bless, it's only coz he loves me! x

My OH is soooo supportive, he's even eating round his Mum's to take the temptation away from me, awww bless eh? although over the weekend he did buy a packet of sensations balsamic vinegar crisps and munched through them, the worse bit was the smell - I was :nono: :jelous: :feedtroll:

It does get better ! I cook the family meal everynight !

Tomorrow we have my sister coming for tea with family so I am making garlic and parma ham sausages with garlic and herb potato bake, corn on the cob and baby peas...........whilse cooking I pretend I am going to eat it, then I sit and have my shake instead.

I promise it gets easier, soon it will be the mental element of eating you may crave, but not the physical.

bless good luck keep going, i had to cook for and feed my 2 yr old so i got stuck right in from day one, i sniff all the yummy food then have a shake, i now spend all day cooking and love it, it is only torture if you let it be, take control.... it is so good to feel in control. i still want to wobble sometimes, but you will be fine wait till you get a nice 10lb or so loss and that will keep you going xxxx

OMG I laughed when reading "I want to lick the George Forman" hahahaha.
I totally feel the same!!!
I find it quite hard to stick to 100% so some days I have a meal some I only have my 3 shakes, my OH doesn't do anything that isn't helpful but like today he wants me and our Daughter to meet him after work for dinner....ermmmmm hello!!!!!!!!!!
He'll get annoyed if I said no so I just go alone and have a healthy('ish) choice.
MEN!!!
Does get easier though x x x

I always say to myself if it smells nice 'well that smells good but so do flowers and we don't eat those'. Substitute something else that smells good if you like - cut grass, creosote, babies.

I also borrow my friends crisp packets (for example) and have a good old sniff then give them back!

Have no idea why this helps, but it does. And I have to keep reminding myself of my choices...they're mine, nobody elses, there's no point arguing with myself about them. I choose to do this as I choose to lose weight - if I choose to eat, then that's fine, but that also means I consciously choose to stay on the diet for longer than I would otherwise have had to. Hmmmmmm - quite easy to say no, I find!

Banning the word 'can't' also helps me...I never say 'I can't have that' I say something like 'thats nice but not right now' or 'thanks, but I dont' think I will' - something that makes it less of a denial.

the first time i did cd, i watched tonnes of cookery programmes (daily cooks challenge, come dine with me were my faves!).

i found this helped because it was almost like eating the food they cooked if that makes sense? i became addicted to watching them!! x

LizS i smell food to i also don't know why it helps but its really does help me with cravings

i always watch cooking programmes i find they help.id still like to eat the food though lol.am doing quite well today considering cadburys clusters were on offer lol

Fatandfedup I think if you give your other half a quick kick in the bollocks he will be much more understanding of your weight loss effort!

haha that could work, but wont help with the super high sex drive that comes with cd xx

Back