Attack Total 0% fat free yoghurt

ljwari

Soon to be slim ;)
Does anyone know how much your aloud of the Total 0% fat free plain yoghurt per day or is it unlimited?

The reason i ask is i have just had 200g of it with some sugar free jelly mixed into ot and it was very yummy lol

in attack its as much as you want... on cruise dairy is limited to 1 litre per day including your milk allowance

Plain Greek yogurt as been a lifesaver for me, I mix my oat bran with it and use it when I need a quick snack. I am thinking about getting a yogurt maker as it can get expensive.

yes i also make my own yoghurt as i use loads :D

Well I guess I better invest in a yoghurt maker then Ladies I use a lot and plan to keep mostly to the food I am eating now. :)

You won't regret it Vegaspool! Mine was not very expensive and the inner container holds the large amount of milk and yogurt actives. It sits inside the outer container which is filled with water. Sort of like a bain-marie, supposedly improving the texture. It also came with a muslin bag to place the yogurt into while it drains overnight to become Greek or yogurt cheese. Very easy, wonderful quality and economical.

Thanks Joy I am looking now on Amazon.com that will give me an idea of price range here in the USA. Also do you or anyone make there own Jerky Thanks in advance.,

Peter:)

I'm in the states too and got the yogourmet brand. Have been pleased with it and really wanted the one large container instead of smaller individual ones.

I have made my own jerky! In a food dehydrator. It came out amazingly well. I hadn't thought about it being Dukan friendly, but I'm sure it is. It was a long time ago when my son loved jerky and I had the dehydrator, so we gave it a go. The only thing that I didn't like was the raw meat sitting there. That's just me! It was fine once it was cooked. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, although instructions said it would take hours.

I'll have to pull it out again. Quick, fast, high protein, takable snacks/meals are so important. So far, boiled eggs are my go to. Hmmm, guess I could make chicken jerky too. That seems easier to imagine dehydrating, too. Again, that's just me.

Off to search for some great jerky spice recipes!

Here's an interesting idea for dehydrating without the need to buy a dehydrator.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/beef-jerky-recipe/index.html
Would be a good way to experiment and see if handmade jerky is worthy. Would probably be more economical in the long run to buy a dehydrator. Maybe there are really cheap air filters. I wouldut something under the fan with this idea. I seem to remember a lot of dripping meat juices!

The recipe is Dukan friendly. Most of the marinade is thrown out, I'm assuming, so the salt content and worcestershire sauce would be ok. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Joy, I too use boiled eggs for a quick snack along with Sams club turkey bacon its made by godshalls 1.50 mins in microwave 3 strips and its good to go. Another snack I like to make is sliced ham (walmart brand) with non fat cream cheese, spead the cheese on the ham and a few jalapenos if you like them and roll them up. I make them in the morning and leave them in the fridge for a snack attack.

Peter. :)

Yes! It does. Maybe a thread for quick snacks to go should be started. That's a weak area for me, never taking the time to pre-pack food. Or have something in the fridge handy!

Yes, best of both for you! Lucky guy! Although, I was tripping for joy yesterday when... I found Quark! And, did it ever live up to my expectations! It wasn't low fat/fat free at 3% but I'm going to enjoy it. And, maybe it's Dukan approved? I know I read something about it, just can't remember which way the final decision went.

Back